Thank You Verizon for making my decision to leave so easy
deejaid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not one for social media or forums, but I unfortunately have to vent somewhere and hopefully others can empathize. 

I have been with Verizon Wireless since 2004, have purchased all my devices through them and have spent over $25,000 in that time in wireless service.  Within the last 2.5 years I have purchased two LG G2 phones for my wife and myself.  Within 14 months, my wifes phone would no longer charge, would drop calls, reboot on its own and freeze constantly. Verizon's own Over-the-update was the cause of the problems, yet they would do nothing to help.  We used my "New Every Two" upgrade for her line so she could have a working phone.  Now, my LG G2 is barely operational.  1.5 hours of battery life, dropped calls (including the call to Verizon Customer Service yesterday), and apps just quitting, like Google Maps just exiting on its own while I was trying to navigate through San Francisco. 

Well, after getting in touch with Verizon Customer Service yesterday explaining I could no longer live with a phone that doesn't work, I asked if I could get an early upgrade on my phone, my upgrade date is July 1, 2016 so 3 months early.   I was told that there is no way to get an early upgrade and I'd have to pay full price for the phone.  So after 12 years and over $25,000 spent, I can't even get Verizon give me an early upgrade which I would have gladly signed a new 2 year contract to get.

After last night, when my wife had to take my Mother-in-law to the emergency room and could reach me as my phone was once again not working, Verizon made my decision to leave easy.  I look forward to my contract being up in 3 months.

I'm sure many of you have received the same kind of poor customer service from Verizon and I just wanted to let you know, you not alone!

DJ

Labels (1)
Re: Thank You Verizon for making my decision to leave so easy
Tidbits
Legend

All companies will do the same. Doesn't matter how much you spent. Best of luck to you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deejaid,

Oh no! Your twelve plus years with us means a lot & never want for you to even think about leaving our wireless family. I want to make sure I take a second look at the account to make sure that all options for another phone are provided. I’m going to send you a Private Message to gather much needed information. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thank you!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deejaid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, Ive learned to not get into a contract anymore.  You get locked into a contract for 2 years with a phone that last 14 months.   I'll buy my own phone and pay monthly.  With so many options for wireless and coverage getting better by competitors, it makes it easier to switch.

Tidbits
Legend

deejaid wrote:

Well, Ive learned to not get into a contract anymore.  You get locked into a contract for 2 years with a phone that last 14 months.   I'll buy my own phone and pay monthly.  With so many options for wireless and coverage getting better by competitors, it makes it easier to switch.

You'll get the same results from buying outright and not under contract anyway...  Anything outside of the warranty period you are on your own.  FYI I only buy outright and I all 3 of the 4 major carriers I deal with,  There is NO difference.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

You had the option to pay for an extended warranty and or insurance and it appears you did not do so. That's not a Verizon error.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Something to consider...even if you're paying monthly if your device starts having issues and is outside of the warranty period then you still lose. You would either have to pay for repairs out of pocket or pay off the remaining balance. Trading it in may not be an option (assuming you have a device that allows for yearly DPP upgrade) as the device has to be in good working order. If you trade it in and it's deemed not to be then you'll have to pay for it still. If you opt not to get insurance or pay for an extended warranty then you take this risk. Just something to think about.

0 Likes
deejaid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why should I need to pay for an extended warranty?  My wife's phone stopped working after an over the air update.  She didn't drop it.  It didn't get wet.  Shouldn't Verizon be responsible for their own software/hardware comparability and any problems caused by over-the-air updates?

Her phone was in perfect physical shape, and it still powered up, and that was all that was needed to trade it in for a new phone.  My phone suffered the same problems, but nearly as bad as her phone so I give her my upgrade so she could at least have a working phone.

To imply that Verizon need not stand behind their product because I didn't pay for an extended warranty is ludicrous.

0 Likes
deejaid
Enthusiast - Level 2

It also isn't like I was asking for free replacements of our phones.  We paid $350 to upgrade her phone to an iPhone.   After having phones of the same brand and model have major problems, I simply tried to find a resolution and find a way to upgrade 3 months early.  I was willing to pay for a new phone.  It would seem after being with a carrier 12 years they could figure out a way to get a customer a working phone.  Their options to me have been to by a refurbished phone or a phone from eBay.  That is not customer service in my opinion.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

deejaid wrote:

To imply that Verizon need not stand behind their product because I didn't pay for an extended warranty is ludicrous.

Sadly this is why there is problems.  LG pushed out the update and are in control of their software.  If things breaks it's on LG to fix it.  People blame carriers when they honestly have less control than people think.  Verizon did not make the LG G series of devices.  Sure they have their name on it, but their name is there to ensure people knows it works on said carrier and it's been still put that way since the 90's and a Class Action lawsuit showed that was the case as they did not make said hardware.

After 1 year even buying your device outright you'll be in the same position.  if it happens.