Text sent to stranger?
chetnet2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, chat doesn't seem to work either.  How has your support gotten so bad?>

What is going on here?............

I get a text from a stranger asking who I am.  Assuming it's spam, I push for some info....not a spammer and this person replies to me with an exact message I had sent to my daughter.  Neither myself, nor my daughter, have this stranger's number on our device.  So, the Verizon network can randomly send anything you've sent over the network to complete strangers?

At first I thought it was a problem with my daughter's iPhone 4 as it's been sending random texts a 2nd time hours later to some of her recipients.  However, this strangers number was not on her device which makes one believe this is a Verizon network issue.  Very scary when you can't trust the network your on!

>> Post edited to remove profanity and discussion of moderation; please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text sent to stranger?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Support is not as bad as customers inability to post profession comments on a companys board.

Having said and addressed that, sometimes messages or calls can get crossed or there can be a glitch. Its electronics. Its not perfect nor are the networks they are used on. Its also quite unlikely her or your phone was cloned or message intercepted. If yoi feel differently perhaps hard reset the devices in question and start fresh.

Best wishes.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm going to go with random electronics glitch as well. Today my phone dialed someone while I was on another call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chetnet,

I am sorry to hear that this has happened. We certainly care about your privacy and want your messages to go to the correct recipient. With this issue are you entering numbers directly into your phone when sending a message or are you selecting a contact? Does the message originally sent show that it also went to that number or only your daughters number? Also what phone model do you have? Please fill us in on this so we can find the central issue and get it resolved immediately.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes