Text routing issues?
LJ82196

Hi.

I recently switched over from another carrier to Verizon. I got the new S6, which I am incredibly pleased about. I have, however, had issues since then receiving texts from other carriers. Not Verizon, just other carriers. I can send texts and send and recieve calls from people on other carriers, but not receive texts from other carriers. I did some research, and it seems other people who ported their numbers to a new service seemed to have the same problem, as I saw some discussion on Verizon, Sprint, and other boards. A lot of what they were saying is that it is a network issue. This issue started as soon as I got the new phone, as I hadn't yet cancelled the old service (Republic Wireless). Texts from Verizon customers would go to my S6, while texts from other carriers went to my old Moto G. When I cancelled the Moto G line, I stopped receiving texts from other carriers altogether. I suppose this is a routing issue, as I visited a local Verizon, and they couldn't help. We even tried inserting a new SIM card and a hard reset, neither of which worked. If someone could point out if I am doing something horribly wrong, let me know. Otherwise, if we can get this fixed, that would be awesome! I have several very important contacts on other carriers, so it would be very nice to be able to text them again.

Thanks for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text routing issues?
Snn5
Legend

I had same issue.  Call porting center:  888-844-7095

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Text routing issues?