Text messages convert to vtext
sgphone

I have an iphone 5s on Verizon.  My wife has a Galaxy s5 on Sprint.  When I send a simple text message to her it is converted to my phone#@vtext.com

When she replies it comes back as her phone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com

This results in multiple text message streams which are very confusing.

How to I stop the my text messages from converting to vtext messages?

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages convert to vtext
sgphone

Now my iPhone on Verizon is blocking the incoming texts from my wife when they convert to ###@messaging.sprintpcs.com .  I have nothing blocked on my phone and my Verizon profile is not set to block spam or web texts.

Can anybody help me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry your wife is not receiving your text messages sgphone. I know its important have the ability to communicate with your wife via text. Are your text messages showing sent on your device? Are you using a 3rd party messaging apps?  Do you have issues with texting any other contacts? If you don't have issues texting or receiving text, the issue is with her device. She may need to check if she is using a 3rd party app that could be prevent the message from being received. Keep us posted.   KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sgphone

Thanks for your response.

My text messages are showing as sent on my device.  Neither of us is using a 3rd party messaging app.  I don't have issues texting any other contacts.

I am working with Sprint to see if something is causing the problem on her end.

But I believe the blocking of her incoming web messages is on the iPhone/Verizon end.

0 Likes
sgphone

Sprint was able to find the problem on their end.  My wife's number was not properly provisioned and they had to do some sort of reset.

Kudos to Sprint Customer Service.  They called me directly within an hour.

0 Likes