Text messages are slow to send
JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

In the past 1-2 weeks I noticed an issue sending text messages. Most of the time it takes long time to send them.

Usually it just takes a second, now it keeps spinning and says sending for up to a minute.

Using LG G2 with the latest update (received last week). This happens inside and outside. Multiple zip codes (77581, 77584, 77081, 77043)

Good reception.

Already tried deleting all text messaging and performing a soft reset. This did not help.

My wife is having same issues - also using LG G2.

Whats going on? It was working fine a week or so ago.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages are slow to send
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JetRocket
That would be very frustrating. Let's look into this. Are you using a 3rd party Text messaging application? Try powering down then remove and reinsert the Sim card and retest.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@ VZWSupport

0 Likes
JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, not using any 3rd party text messaging app.

Already tried the reset several times. It usually works fine right after a reset but then slows down later.

Only noticed this within the last few weeks. Never really had this problem before;

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JetRocket,

Lets speed up your text messages! Is this only occuring with all text messages or just certain contacts? Are you connected to Wi-fi when this occuring or on the VZW network? How many bars of singal are on the device when this issue occurs?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
soniah

I've been having a similar issue with my samsung galaxy s4 for months!  It's extremely frustrating.  I've tried deleting messages, pictures, everything! nothing seems to work.

0 Likes
JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still having intermittent issues and I think this happened after the last OTA update about a month ago.

Version: 4.4.2

Build: KOT49I.VS98026A

0 Likes
vigilberk

Over the past 2-3 weeks, my Galaxy S4 is experiencing similar issues. It takes forever to send messages!

0 Likes