Text Messaging
msheridan33

Sometimes (not all the time), the 2 windows phones on my account get each other's text messages.  They have different phone numbers, why is this happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a very valid question, msheridan33. I must say that I've never heard of that before. Let's begin with the Windows phones that you have. Are you getting duplicate messages or just messages intended for the other number?

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
msheridan33

Both phones end up getting the message.  One gets it much sooner than the other.  But, again, these are text messages just intended for one of the phones.  Half the time it does work (with only the intended phone getting the message).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the reply. Your patience is very much appreciated on this issue. Like Scooby Doo, let's solve this mystery. May I ask do the two phones share the same email address? I've seen this happen when the same hotmail/live/msn email account are used on both devices. If this is the case then I would suggest changing the email address on one of the phones and retest. If the issue persist then please advise on your findings as this may be a key ingredient to achieving a resolution.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
msheridan33

Same email address and Microsoft account...switch both?

I hope this is not the case - 2 different phone numbers should be 2 different text message destinations...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

msheridan33 wrote:

....  I hope this is not the case - 2 different phone numbers should be 2 different text message destinations...

Unless an app is using the windows account to transmit the message.... each number should have it's own windows /  email associated account.  Otherwise your contacts, backups, texting, etc are going to get jumbled. 

You can keep one  of the phones as is - just set up a second email and windows account for the other.

0 Likes