Text Icons - Samsung Reality
TrudyG

I'm a grandma, so this is all new to me.  When sending a text message, I hit the OK key by mistake (qwerty keyboard).  The message disappeared.  I looked in my Reality book (Tips, Hints, and Shortcuts) to find out what happened, and I learned that the OK key also means SEND.  Then I looked at my messages to verify that it was sent.  I see messages listed in there with little envelopes.  Some open, some closed.  Some with a red arrow, and some with a blue arrow.  What does all this mean?  My Reality book does not explain the meaning of all these little icons.  I am very disappointed in the book.  Half of it is upside down, and in Spanish.  There is no index - just a table of contents.  I need more explanation.  I'm learning as I go along, but I could use more help.  Forget about calling Verizon.  :smileyvery-happy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Icons - Samsung Reality
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Now I understand why you're feeling frustrated. The Tips, Hints and Shortcuts isn't an in-depth user manual. Here's a link to the manual that will explain all this for you. I opened the link myself, but if you feel more comfortable, you may be able to download it from the Verizon site as well.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201004/20100424032928125/verizon_wireless_U820_Reality_...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Now I understand why you're feeling frustrated. The Tips, Hints and Shortcuts isn't an in-depth user manual. Here's a link to the manual that will explain all this for you. I opened the link myself, but if you feel more comfortable, you may be able to download it from the Verizon site as well.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201004/20100424032928125/verizon_wireless_U820_Reality_...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
On your phone, go to Menu>>Settings and Tools>>Phone Info>>Icon glossary; that should give you a listing of all the icons that pop up on your phone in various places and short explanation of what they mean.

And Sydney's link to the full manual will help - it may even have the icon glossary with more complete explanations.

Post back if you have more questions - there are lots of helpful folks here!
0 Likes
TrudyG

Thanks so much, Sidney, for the link.  I've saved it into my computer.  I appreciate your help. 

Trudy G. 

0 Likes
TrudyG

Thanks so much, SuzyQ for your help in learning how to use my phone.  You've answered my question. 

Trudy G.

0 Likes