Tethering and hotspot setup on razor maxx hd while outside the US
Joncryer

I'm traveling for work and have a SIM card from a domestic provider in my current country, however, I am unable to use my tethering or hotspot feature. I don't think I should have to pay verizon for it if I'm not using verizon SIM card. (Personally I don't think it's right that it's an additional billable option, if I pay for a preset data package, what difference does it make how that date is consumed?)

Bottom line is I need my hotspot, else my tablet is a $600 paperweight, I'm set up already with a third party SIM card for calling and data here, phone works fine, apart from the locked hotspot feature.

What's up VZW?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tethering and hotspot setup on razor maxx hd while outside the US
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joncryer,

I completely understand needing your phone's hotspot feature while abroad, especially for use with your tablet. If you're looking to use your mobile hotspot feature through Verizon and your Verizon SIM card, there is an additional fee for that (unless you have a Share Everything plan). Check global rates at http://vz.to/17KseUf If you're looking to use your international carrier's SIM card, you would need to get in contact with the international carrier for options to enable the hotspot feature.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Joncryer

Thanks for the info. I'm a little confused as to why my phone won't open

the hotspot & a popup instructs me to call 800 256 4646 to activate it.

That's a Verizon number in the USA which leads me to the conclusion that

Verizon have the feature locked.

On Feb 6, 2014 12:36 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're so welcome Joncryer! The feature should be available to you without any trouble. Have you tried to add it from My Verizon?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes