Terrible store experience at Grandville, MI location
SteveCA

I'm not sure who at Verizon is in charge of monitoring the store locations in West Michigan, but they need to be made aware of my experience at this particular location.

I activated 2 new lines of services on 9/30 under the Share Everything 4GB plan. The sales associate suggested that I consider activating the 1st line, an iPhone 5S 64GB model, under the Edge program for the benefit of upgrading every 6-12 months. My 2nd line, a MiFi device, was activated under the traditional 2-year contract. After leaving the store and reviewing through the activation documents (as well as considering how frequent I would realistically upgrade a phone), I decided that the Edge program was not a good fit for me and subsequently returned to the store this evening to switch from the Edge program to a traditional 2-yr contract.

I arrived at the store at approx. 5:15pm and stayed till 7:58pm. That's right. I was waiting on the sales floor for over 2.5hrs while another associate (not the original sales rep who activated me) attempted to return my iPhone and sell it back out to me under a 2-yr contract. I realize that the Edge program is new and requires different procedures/policies, but the attitudes of both the associate and the manager on duty were completely unacceptable. I didn't walk into the store expecting to be out in 15 or 30 minutes, but I fully expected to be leaving and on my way to a dinner engagement that was scheduled for 6:45.

After the first hour at the store, the associate decided to step off the sales floor and into their back office for the remainder of my visit. She pretty much left me on the sales floor for over 1.5hrs without any updates as to how the "exchange" process was going and since my iPhone 5S was technically disconnected from my account, I was not able to make/receive calls and advise individuals that I would either be late for the engagement or not able to make it at all. During this 1.5hr period, I was forced to ask any sales associate that came across the counter to kindly go in the back office and ask for an update from the associate that was helping me. Additionally, I asked the manager on duty if I could please use their WiFi so that I could make a few calls and respond to e-mails. He informed me that their WiFi wasn't working (despite the fact that my iPhone 5S showed at least 6 MiFi units that were live at that time).

To make matters worse, the sales associate argued with me for a good 10 minutes on why I'm being charged both a "restocking fee" and an "upgrade fee." After 2.5 hours in the store, I was beginning to lose my patience quickly. She advised me that her manager would place a $35 credit on my account for the restocking fee and that she was waiving the upgrade fee. I think it's pretty obvious that this associate needs additional training. 1) I wasn't exchanging anything. I kept the same iPhone with the same ESN and everything. 2) I wasn't upgrading either. I activated service 3 days prior and was within the 14-day return/exchange policy.

As of this post, I don't see any type of credit on my account for the restocking fee that I was charged as a result of the associate returning the device and selling the same device back to me under a 2-yr contract. After reviewing the e-mailed receipt more closely, I'm also noticing that the associate charged me AGAIN for the same $14.99 pack of screen protectors that I purchased on the 9/30 and did not return this evening.

Although I love Verizon's network and the amazing signal I'm getting everywhere, I hope (more like pray) that I never have to step foot into another store location again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes