Terrible customer service
sachiko

Recently went into a Verizon store to replace my phone and was told that I could replace it however I should not change my contract. I was told that I should purchase a phone without the "contract".   Since Verizon did not have the phone I was looking for, I went to another provider and was charged $140.00 for breaking my contract.  However, when I called customer service, I spoke to supervisor Sean who informed me that I was "eligible for an upgrade and not out of my contract".  Informed him that  I was not told at the Verizon store that I was still in contract.  Was told that I should've called Customer Service to inform them that I was planning to go to another provider.  Why would I do that when I went to a store and was under the impression that my contract was over!  Well, as he put it, he knew the difference between out of contract and eligible for upgrade....well hello, you work there, of course you'll know the difference!!!  So informed him that I was very upset because I felt they were not clear so will move the rest of my  phones (4) to the other provider!  to which he replied "OK".   OK Verizon....goodbye!!!!  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible customer service
Not applicable

You got me with the conflicting statements of "Being in Contract" in your post you are saying you were told you were in a contract, upgrading then before contract end date would only be by paying full price for your device or using the device payment plan. Then when the contract ended there are no plan changes and no more contracts. You cannot get an early upgrade. The early termination fees then would apply as you found out.

Calling verizon customer service is chancy at best. One rep will tell you something different from another. They will try and sell you goods or services and have been known to lie to you to either keep you with verizon or to change your plan or data to higher priced alternatives. You made the right decision in leaving. Take the rest of your lines and port out.

When they lose enough customers over time then the services from years ago and plans will be restored.

I am reading in January 2014 T-Mobile is going to pay off customers early termination fees to leave any carrier so this may impact verizon as well.

Good Luck

0 Likes
shutterbug07
Contributor - Level 2

I severly doubt tmobile of all carriers would do that. Where is that information coming from...?

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://www.dslreports.com is a start. http://news.CNET.com and then there is Twitter.

I am sure its all over the net. If its true watch the fun begin.

shutterbug07
Contributor - Level 2

What I took away from those is its only going to apply to 4-5 family lines and its still a rumour... I just cant see them being able to afford it.

0 Likes
cindylu187
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why not log on to your MyVerizon to check your contract dates. That would have been the 1st thing I would have done. We as customers have to stop looking to place the blame on someone else when there are resources for us to check on our accounts ourseleves.

0 Likes
sachiko

actually did login to MyVerizon to check my account.  Then went to the Verizon store to verify.  I am upset with the rudeness of the CS supervisor.

0 Likes
sachiko

thank you, I will check this out.  I have been to T-Mobile and a couple of others but did not mention this situation...I will now.  However, what I came away with is that I would've saved about $80 a month by going with these other providers.  I had a family plan with 5 phones and a customer of Verizon for about 15 years!  I think I should've been treated a little better than I was!

0 Likes
Not applicable

The announcement may include accounts with fewer lines. It says so in the "rumors"

0 Likes