Terrible customer service at local store
danf6218

Would like to find out how to properly report on a situation that happened to my wife and I at a verizon wireless store in Riverview Fl?  The address of this store is 13166 Us Highway 301 S, Riverview, FL 33578

If you are thinking of shopping at this store find another.  The customer service is the worse I have ever seen.  I went in on Friday because my wife & daughter had issues with there phones.  My daughter could not get her phone to turn on.  The phone is just over a year so the warranty was over but we bought the extended service agreement.  At first the verizon employee who I later found out was the manager (his name was Ian) told me I did not have an extended service agreement.  Only after several conversations and after about 30 minutes he finally found it in his system.  Then came the second situation.  The verizon store manager looked at her phone for about 30 minutes and finally figured out that she needed a new battery.  He went in the back of the store and came back a few minutes later I thought he had replaced battery.  He had to help another customer so another employee who was trying to sell me the cable package deal they were running checked me out.  Two days later my wife was having the same issue with the phone not keeping a charge.  My wife went back to the store and a diifferent employee started to help her.  His name was Tim  She had to wait over 30 minutes. He started to help her and was even on the phone with someone from Verizon.  He was in the process of helping and out of no ware all of a sudden told my wife that he could not help and that she sould by a new phone on craig's list.  There was no explanation on why he could not help her just go buy a phone on craig's list.  Really!!.   So my wife left the store very upset and took the phone to a different verizon store.  They looked at the phone and within minutes told her that the battery I purchased was not a new battery and they could not do anything for her she would have to go back to the original store and get her money back.  By now my wife is totally stressed out and calls me at work.  I had to call the store and speak to the Manager.  The Manager remembered who I was from Friday and after I explained to him the situation admitted the mix up and that he messed up on Friday and put my original battery back in the phone and had never given me a new one.  So I paid $50 for my original battery.  My wife went back and they gave her a refund because get this.  They did not have a new replacement battery to sell her. Now she will have to go back to the second store for a battery. I can't believe a place like this can exist or Verizon will let a company like this operate under their name.  I was thinking about getting the cable, internet & phone package but after this situation No Way!.   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible customer service at local store
Not applicable

While they sound pretty stupid why would you have them replace the battery anyway? Just take the battery home and do it yourself. At least that way you would have known it was the right one.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The store at 13166 Us Highway 301 S, Riverview, FL 33568 is a Premium Retailer "Wireless Riverview". This is a third party retailer and can often have different policies and procedures then a corporate store.

While you can use the "Contact Us" link at the top of this website to send a message to Verizon Wireless corporate about the service you had at this retailer, you should also try to find the regional management of this particular premium retailer and inform them of the service you received.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

They really need to have a CLEAR distinction between a retailer and corporate store. I know out local store is a retailer but most people don't see it any different than the corporate stores in Dickson or Jackson. I'm a smart guy and I didn't know this for a long time until I was told so.

0 Likes
danf6218

Originally we did not know it was a battery issue.  When I was there on Friday it was determined it was the battery.  He went to the back of the store to retrieve what I thought was a new battery.  While he was working on the phone I am only guessing must have inadvertently put my old battery back in.  Didn't think I had to pay close attention to what he was doing.  Also didn't think I needed to see the new battery packaging to confirm I was getting a new battery.  My fault I assumed I was dealing with an honest employee and didn't think I needed too.  Not sure if the store is a retailer or a corporate store.,.

I posted here because I tried the contact US but could not find a clear place to report a customer complaint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@danf6218

I am saddened to hear about your unpleasant experience and your feedback is greatly appreciated! As Ann 154 mentioned, the store in question is a indirect Verizon Wireless store. Indirect stores are not owned and operated by Verizon Wireless, however they do sale Verizon Wireless products. I will definitely forward you feedback for review. Additionally, I hope your device issues have been resolved. If not I can happily assist you here. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes