THIS NEW DATA PLAN IS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!
R1zzyR1zz

I have had unlimited everything for over 10 years now with Verizon Wireless... I waited to upgrade my phone after my contract was up... I was told I would lose my unlimited data but you can keep the unlimited data plan if you pay full price for the phone. 1.. what is the point of a two year contract if you dont get the upgrade discount price to keep the unlimited data plan... 2... whats the point of having a damn smart phone if you have to have a data plan. The point of a smartphone is to use the data... not have a limit on what you can use on your smartphone. All I know is Verizion is making a lot of their costumers angry and very unpleased. I am in serious consideration with changing companies because of this reason alone. Money bags verizon stealing people(s) money. WAY TO GO VERIZON ON PISSING OFF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: THIS NEW DATA PLAN IS THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!
shadokastur
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are options!  Go into a nearby Verizon store and ask about the Device Installment Plan.  You pay full price for a device over 12 months and don't have to lose your unlimited data.  But you have to see if you qualify in a Direct Channel store only.  Indirect Agents (Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, Costco, etc...) cannot offer this program.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

1 - If you pay full retail, you WON'T have a 2 yr contract.

2 - You currently have a data plan.

0 Likes
R1zzyR1zz

So you are saying there is no point on having a contract because when you upgrade your phone you get a discounted price after 2 years.. but if you want unlimited you have to pay full retail. I had unlimited data before I upgraded my phone and was never told anything about paying full retail to keep my unlimited data plan... and who wants to pay full retail price at 600$ for the Iphone...I was just told I had to switch to the new data plan never mentioned anything to me about paying full retail... There is no point in having a contract when they say you can keep your unlimited data plan but you dont get the discounted price for the upgrade??? why even have a contract than?? I have had unlimited data ever since the tech world came out with it... so now I have to lose my unlimited data rights because I wanted to upgrade my phone at the discounted price of being a loyal customer and being under a 2 year contract... I have been doing this since cell phone came out basically.. every two years i get a new phone and keep my unlimited data... so please explain how this wouldnt upset me? Nobody is going to pay 600$ for a phone

0 Likes
jfgoodysr

Not true unfortunately! I just spent 40min on the phone with verizon. There is NO way to us any installment plan and keep unlimited data. The best he could do was tell me to use another line eligible for an "ineligible device upgrade" ie my 11 yr old's basic line to get $100 off a new phone, then activate it on my line. Otherwise, I have to slap $700 on the counter for a droid maxx to keep my unlimited plan. I may have to start switching my 4 lines to someone else. Is there any possible way actually email verizon or call customer retention?

0 Likes
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

R1zzyR1zz wrote:

So you are saying there is no point on having a contract because when you upgrade your phone you get a discounted price after 2 years.. but if you want unlimited you have to pay full retail. I had unlimited data before I upgraded my phone and was never told anything about paying full retail to keep my unlimited data plan... and who wants to pay full retail price at 600$ for the Iphone...I was just told I had to switch to the new data plan never mentioned anything to me about paying full retail... There is no point in having a contract when they say you can keep your unlimited data plan but you dont get the discounted price for the upgrade??? why even have a contract than?? I have had unlimited data ever since the tech world came out with it... so now I have to lose my unlimited data rights because I wanted to upgrade my phone at the discounted price of being a loyal customer and being under a 2 year contract... I have been doing this since cell phone came out basically.. every two years i get a new phone and keep my unlimited data... so please explain how this wouldnt upset me? Nobody is going to pay 600$ for a phone

i will... my plan is to use one of my credit cards and pay the phone monthly through my credit card. keeping unlimited data

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Really? You had a data plan back in the 90s with your StarTac? 

Things change.  Verizon has realized that they can make more money off of tiered data, and their biggest competitor does the same thing.  Sprint and T-Mobile have stuck with unlimited data because they realize their networks aren't as good and so they need something to get the customers in the door.  Remember, Verizon is a business and their main goal is to make money, so if they can make a switch to make more money and not lose a huge chunk of their customer base, they will do it.  It's not even worth getting mad over, either you are willing to do what you need to do to stay with Verizon's network, or you go to a  carrier that will give you the pricing/options you feel entitled to.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

R1zzyR1zz wrote:

>>Edited to comply with the <<

It seems that would depend on your usage. It seems to me if someone DOESN'T use much data, paying MORE for unlimited than they could get a pool of shared data for would be kind of silly.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jaykay100

The problem with business, including Verizon who is about the worst, is that price is not based on what you get but based on "What the traffic will bear".

0 Likes
R1zzyR1zz

yeah because 10 years ago was in the 90's bud... too bad that was 2003 I understand its a business and they want to make their money. I am not the only one who is mad about this data plan. Obviously. My father has been with Verizon for 23 years and I have been with them for a little over 10... I have never had a limited usage for anything. Why should I have to start limiting my usage now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes no sense... and the fact that they dont even give you the option to have unlimited is completly ludacris...you know its a bunch of BS so stop beating around the bush. Id rather go with Sprint and take a dropped call every now and then... instead of dealing with this.. people want unlimited data... and still be part of a contract where they can get a discounted price on a phone when their contract is up.. thats the point of the contract, right? so for the fact that Verizon doesnt even give you the option for unlimted data now is dumb and yes they are losing a large base of their customers... people are switching at the drop of a hat because of this reason alone.. I get it that things charge but as a company wouldnt you want to satisfy your customers esp the ones who have been with them the longest? I guess not.

0 Likes