Switching to T-Mobile... but how?
argoser

I'm currently in a Verizon family plan with four lines. One of those lines is completely out of contract. My line's contract is ending in February.

I would like to switch to T-Mobile's prepaid plans, just my line though. The three other lines are sticking with Verizon.

Is there a way I could jiggle the numbers around so that I can get out of my contract? Or could I port my number to T-Mobile without paying an ETF?

I did the math- keeping my service until Feb. would be cheaper than paying the ETF.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Switching to T-Mobile... but how?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep the line on Verizon until your contract has ended.  At that point port out your number to T-Mobile if you still want to at that time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Switching to T-Mobile... but how?
argoser

I'd like to get a new phone by the end of this month.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then pay the ETF.  It's your choice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

then you'll have to pay the ETF to move to t-mobile; if your contract ends in Feb., you should have become eligible for an upgrade last month if you choose to stay with Verizon

0 Likes
argoser

Couldn't I just pay and wait for my contract to expire? That's only 2-4 months at $10 a month, versus a much higher ETF. What I'm really stuck on is how to port my number without cancelling, keeping my service intact. Some people say it's possible, but the rep I spoke to said it wasn't.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get a temp number on T-Mobile.  Port the Verizon number over later when the contract is finished.

0 Likes
Shorty507

There are some company's on the net that will buy your contracts I think the only way to port is go to t mobile for a port and let the Verizon number on that account change til the service ends

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once you port your phone number to another carrier, the line is AUTOMATICALLY canceled.

0 Likes