Switching over to MiFi from satellite internet provider--can anybody help, please?
JanieMac

My apologies if I'm in the wrong forum for this question.  Briefly, I am currently using a satellite for my internet needs (WildBlue).  I recently bought a MiFi 4510L system and would now like to discontinue my satellite dish internet service. 

I have 2 desktop computers and 1 laptop.  I can get the MiFi device to work on the laptop and one desktop/office computer but not the other desktop computer.  The one I'm having trouble with has Windows 7.

I bought 2 USB adapters, used the CD that came with it, and installed it according to the directions.  When I put in the USB driver I just hear a sound but it's not recognizing it as new hardware and it's not blinking (on my other computer it started blinking red immediately upon insertion).  I've also switched them just to make sure that it wasn't a faulty USB adapter. 

My computer is not recognizing that wireless is an option.  I would appreciate any help anybody can give. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching over to MiFi from satellite internet provider--can anybody help, please?
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello JanieMac, 

I am here to help make sure you are able to make the connection to both of your devices.  You mentioned that you purchased 2 USB adaptors, were these Wi-Fi adaptors or adaptors to expand the USB to multiple ports.  If you are unable to install Wi-Fi USB adapters on your desktop I would suggest working with Microsoft or a computer technician to get the Wi-Fi working.  I would be happy to address any concerns that may arise in regards to the Mi-Fi connection.  Please let me know if I can provide additional support.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes