Switching companies
key_shaw

I don't longer want to be apart of Verizon, and I would like to unlock my phone so I can switch to T-Mobile. How do I receive the unlock code for my phone so I can switch companies? I'm not happy with the expensive plans for pre-paid phones by Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching companies
Not applicable

Cannot be done. No carrier unlocks for use on a US Carrier.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

key_shaw, We would be sad to see you go! We can find plan options to help you save. What pre-paid plan do you have now?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes
key_shaw

I am currently paying the 2 GB plan with the more everything unlimited talk. I am paying a total of $90 a month ($40 for unlimited messaging and talk + $50 for 2 GB plan), and this is too much to pay when I previously was paying $60 with the exact plan on AT&T. I decided to buy a new phone and it's locked onto Verizon, and I would like to switch companies because Verizon is too expensive for me.

0 Likes
key_shaw

So you're saying I'm not going to be able to switch companies with my phone?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Correct.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

key_shaw wrote:

So you're saying I'm not going to be able to switch companies with my phone?

Even if you could you wouldn't be able to use it fully. T-Mobile and Verizon use different frequencies so you wouldn't get 4G with T-Mobile at best you'd get HSPA+. So if you want to go with T-Mobile you'll have to get a new phone and T-Mobile makes you pay full price. So good luck with them.

sgmcgee1967
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish Verizon (of course I may not know about it) had a different data package.  My family each have iPhones and require a data plan, but we barely use the 2gb that we pay for per phone.  The bill is expensive enough before adding data packages.  Smaller packages would be great.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@key_shaw

Thanks for the plan details!  Sounds like you're currently on one of our post paid plans, not prepaid.  I can definitely look into other plan options for you, because I surely don't want you to leave us over this.  Please accept my "Follow" request, follow me back and send me a Direct Message so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

Anthony Ta
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sgmcgee1967,

Let's make sure your family is getting the best value from your plan. From what you have described, it sounds like you are not on our More Everything plan. Have you heard about this plan? More Everything offers accounts the ability to share unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and one data plan. To view the different data tiers offered, you can click this link to start building your More Everything plan: http://vz.to/1iO0e87

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes