Re: Switcher Credit Fraud
JHupset
Enthusiast - Level 2

The ad said if you went with their new "more everything" plan with unlimited talk and text AND signed a new EDGE agreement you would receive a $150 credit for each agreement...nothing about porting in or switching from another carrier. I asked the sales person all about it before doing it because I'm not really saving much per month from what I was paying and my husband's line had unlimited data so it was a good deal. He assured me I was eligible for the credits (nothing in writing of course, go figure) and now when I call about the credits they say that promotion never existed.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Here's the thing though, and this is just me quoting policy from the agreement you signed.  I know it might sound like you signed away your rights here because you went along with a salesperson's word and that this signed agreement gives Verizon a license to steal and let the sales rep off the hook, but all of this was on that tablet, screen, whatever that you read before you signed.  You were agreeing to the service terms and the other signature at time of purchase was confirming you agreed to the charges incurred at the moment of payment and purchase.  (Very similar verification and confirmation for online purchases.)

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
JHupset
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not saying I didn't sign this agreement, I'm not complaining about the charges incurred or any of that garbage. I'm saying, the ad said nothing about a "port in" and neither did the Verizon Rep in a Corporate store...The agreements never have anything in them about promotions and what you will or will not receive. This isn't my first rodeo, I know how it works.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

But you do realize now that those offers are geared towards bringing in new customers or customers on another carrier? Not keep the ones that are already giving them money on a monthly basis. Unfortunately an ad is just that, an advertisement and doesn't go over in in bold the fine print. It does stink for you though that you thought you were getting a stellar deal and then didn't. Verizon definitely needs to know that their reps are misinformed and perhaps needs to implement a stronger training course.

0 Likes
JHupset
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do understand, but I didn't see this promotion as being for "new customers" I saw it as a way for them to get everyone on the great and powerful EDGE plan so they get $680 for each iphone 6 instead of the $199 I would have paid if I just upgraded.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Not just the agreement, but the receipt of payment as well.  The way it will be seen is that you knew about the promotion, said you had seen it.  It will then be thought that you saw the disclaimer or rules by the * sign.  It will be stated also that this was omission of details instead of verbal deceit in regards to a self-informed customer perspective.  In the end, Verizon will go back to their advertisement terms and not by the word of an employee.  Hope the best for you and let us know how it turns out.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

They don't always make that on the phones. For example I signed up for early edge and got a $500 phone and make a $21 payment each month. Once I paid off $250 of that phone I could trade it in and the payments for that specific phone stop and payments on a new phone begin.

Now also take into account that they discounted my line access charge from $40 to $25 a month saving me $180 in 12 months (also the length of time it would take me to pay off half my phone.) Do the math and I've only spent $70 in 12 months on that new phone and $140 total. Which was less than the 2 year contract price of $199.

0 Likes