Switch bewteen two phones
Kangaroodropkick

Can I switch my service between two phones on a daily bases? I need a work phone and a personal phone but I never need them at the same time. I'd like to have one phone for approx 10 hours a day then switch to the other for the rest of the day. Is this possible?

If it is do they both have to be android or Apple? Can one be android and the other Apple? Would I have two separate numbers or both the same? Is there any extra cost?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switch bewteen two phones
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee
Kangaroodropkick, we're here to help find the best solution to suit your needs. We understand that you're looking to alternate your device on a daily basis for work purposes. May I ask if you already have two devices on hand? If so, you can always switch your devices online via My Verizon: http://vz.to/2sI3BcL. There is no charge for making this switch and you can perform the switch on a daily basis.

You mentioned that you may be switching between Android and Apple, please keep in mind that these two types of phones have different voicemail systems and thus the voicemail messages will not transfer over when switching between these two phones.

Also, you mentioned that you would remove the camera from your smartphone. Any physical alteration to a device will void the manufacturer's warranty. If this concerns you, I would recommend looking into a basic phone that does not include a camera such as the DuraXV Plus: http://vz.to/2thHK99

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you wanting to use the same phone number for both devices? There ways, but what you are willing to do will determine which options might work best for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kangaroodropkick

What ever is the cheapest. I don't want to have to pay for two lines if I really only need one. I need to do this because I cannot have a camera in my phone at work. But I would like to have a camera at home. Also I have a reasonable amount of down time. Having a smart phone helps with that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure if there is a smartphone without a camera anymore.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kangaroodropkick

I would take the camera out

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee
Kangaroodropkick, we're here to help find the best solution to suit your needs. We understand that you're looking to alternate your device on a daily basis for work purposes. May I ask if you already have two devices on hand? If so, you can always switch your devices online via My Verizon: http://vz.to/2sI3BcL. There is no charge for making this switch and you can perform the switch on a daily basis.

You mentioned that you may be switching between Android and Apple, please keep in mind that these two types of phones have different voicemail systems and thus the voicemail messages will not transfer over when switching between these two phones.

Also, you mentioned that you would remove the camera from your smartphone. Any physical alteration to a device will void the manufacturer's warranty. If this concerns you, I would recommend looking into a basic phone that does not include a camera such as the DuraXV Plus: http://vz.to/2thHK99

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes