Switch Prepaid Phone
RittingsTN

Hello - I have a prepaid account which was using the Gusto phone. I have lost it this past week and can't find it anywhere. My wife has her old verizon iPhone 4 that she is not using. I would like to know if I can use this on my prepaid account? But I don't want a data plan at all. I have no need for the data plan. I just need to keep my basic phone service. Can this be done? If not, is there a list of phones that is sufficient for prepaid service with no data plan? I need to buy one off ebay but want to make sure it will not require a data plan before purchasing a new phone.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switch Prepaid Phone
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Any smartphone will require a data plan. It depends on what you're currently paying for the service you have now. Adding the iPhone to your prepay account would put you on the $45+tax per month plan. That includes unlimited talk/text and 500MB data. If you didn't want to pay more than you should seek another basic phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Any smartphone will require a data plan. It depends on what you're currently paying for the service you have now. Adding the iPhone to your prepay account would put you on the $45+tax per month plan. That includes unlimited talk/text and 500MB data. If you didn't want to pay more than you should seek another basic phone.

0 Likes
RittingsTN

Before I buy a phone, is there a way to tell if a certain phone is acceptable with no data plan? I have a out 5 phones that I'm looking at and I don't think they are considered "smart phones" but I'm not 100% sure. I'm from the UK and not used to Verizon's tyrant-like guidelines about their services and phones.

0 Likes
Nenalizbeth

You could visit the verizon wireless website and check basic phones.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/basic-phones

0 Likes