Suspicious text messages
KARA57
Enthusiast - Level 1

ive been receiving text messages in the middle of the night from Verizon that state my payment did not go through. I called last month as it did not make sense and requested someone call me to discuss. ( I asked for someone in Executive Relations). And was told that would happen. Well it didn’t.  Text messages happened again this morning.  I called this afternoon and the customer service rep I spoke to was going to give me an address to wrte too but when I questioned why I was told they could call me by the rep a month ago she transferred me to a supervisor who assured me Executive Relations only get involved with really big or important matters.  She wanted me to screen shoot the text messages and email her,  I have no problem doing that but as I was doing that I noticed another further back that even was more concerning stating something about an older payment. My guess is something is really screwy. Even my bank said it was suspicious and that no company should be sending text messages like that in the middle of the night.   my question is....why can’t I talk to someone a bit higher up and willing to understand my concerns rather than the supervisor who I think believes I’m a nut case? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Suspicious text messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where can I forward a suspicious text message?

If you receive a text message that appears suspicious or you think could be spam, you can forward it to 7726 (Verizon Corporate Security) from your device and then delete it. You shouldn't open any links in the message. These messages are logged and tracked to help identify suspected spammers.

Fraud FAQs | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Block that number it's clearly someone trying to get you to give them your account info and bank info

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where can I forward a suspicious text message?

If you receive a text message that appears suspicious or you think could be spam, you can forward it to 7726 (Verizon Corporate Security) from your device and then delete it. You shouldn't open any links in the message. These messages are logged and tracked to help identify suspected spammers.

Fraud FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes