Re: Surprise charges
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

decklife wrote:

... it takes a national access block to be absolutely sure not to get charged for MB usage. That option takes away the customer's ability to send picture and video messages even if that customer has paid for a package that includes this capability. How is that right?....

And herein lies the REAL issue, which is confusing AND frustrating.  I should not have to block a service that I am paying for in order to prevent charges for other services that I don't want or need.   I have reset my shortcut buttons, I DO send pictures messages, and I do use the backup assistant, both of which show data transfer on my end.  Some months there is no extra charge, and today I looked and I am showing .007 MB of usage ?!?  With 4 lines on our family plan, everyone's miniscule data usage still costs EACH line $1.99, unless we hassle with CS.  ::sigh::  

0 Likes
zard

Helawat wrote: It's the consumer's responsibility to understand the charges associated with their provider. After all, you did accept the terms and conditions of your contract, right?

Read the faqs, go to a store, read the website, read the forums. Verizon should not have to warn you about data or other miscellaneous charges.

Riiiight. So the $6.00 my family has been charged every month for the past year, when every block imaginable is in place, and the charges for downloading the FREE backup assistant for a replacement phone are legitimate?I've put the limits in place.

I suppose the $1.99 I am charged when VZW tech support asks and then unlocks the blocks in order to walk through modificiations since by the nature of unlocking they will be accessing typically blocked things for tech support.

I've always had the charges reversed demonstrating that VZW acknowledges the fault. The point is I shouldn't, nor should anyone else, have to make the calls and take the time to get these credits - IFF they have set up the correct limits.

Now slightly off topic-maybe a new thread-How about the the $9.99 random charge from a company called Too Lazy, LLC that just appeared on my Verizon bill when I have never been in contact with them or have ever agreed to any subscriptions from any company on my mobile. VZW has double and triple checks on everything else, why not this subscription service too?

0 Likes
decklife
Maybe people should start complaining to their states' attorneys general. Fact is, some people want just a phone.
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

zardvzw wrote:

Now slightly off topic-maybe a new thread-How about the the $9.99 random charge from a company called Too Lazy, LLC that just appeared on my Verizon bill when I have never been in contact with them or have ever agreed to any subscriptions from any company on my mobile. VZW has double and triple checks on everything else, why not this subscription service too?

This topic has been addressed several times recently--do a search for premium text messages or premium text services. There are several threads. You can put a Premium text messaging block on your phone so you will not get any more charges, and have the current charge credited either by going through Verizon CS or the company that is charging you.

Good luck!

0 Likes