Super angry;
bicestephen

I need to know where I can file a formal complaint with this company. I was in dire need to upgrade my phone (shattered and torn iPhone4), so of course I went to Verizon when I had an upgrade. Fortunately for me, my upgrade landed me close enough to Black Friday. I decided to wait and see what they were offering. They had A BUNCH of deals I wanted to pounce on. The associate that helped me steered me clear of Windows Phones and iPhones and was leaning me closer to the Droids. (no complaints here) Anyway, he informed me that I could but the LG G2 from him at $50 in store, or I could drive home (an hour and a half away) to buy it online for.. Wait for it.. FREE! Naturally, I thought to myself, "I'll be home before midnight to get me a new phone for free." That's the normal thought process for someone who wants to save money, right?

Well, come to find out........ He was wrong! He told me as long as I placed the order by midnight, I could get the phone for free.. I then started cursing at my computer screen.. Then realized that I was still out a phone.. Mine was starting to cut my ear while talking on it.. I ended up buying myself a cheap Windows phone from the slim pickings of deals they had online yet. I ended up spending more money than I was supposed to and I'm still mad about it. I know that it's still a good deal, but it's about the principality..

So, this brings me to my next point.. Being the typical American consumer, I was shopping online for Cyber Monday deals.. Guess who found the LG G2 for free online.. Unfortunately, I had already used my upgrade because I didn't want to miss out on a deal..

Let's recap.. I'm mad because the associate I talked to was misleading. He confused me into thinking the deal was Black Friday only. Nothing was ever mentioned about Cyber Monday in my discussion AT ALL. My wife was there and she's just as mad as I am. Don't get me wrong.. I'm not upset with the purchase I made.. I'm mad because I was mislead and lied to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Super angry;
Not applicable

This happens all the time. But since you were under the 14 day worry free guarantee all that was needed was to return everything on cube Monday but you pay a restocking fee of $35 so the free phone still costs $35 plus the $30 upgrade fee so in essence you are paying $65 for a free device. Gives a new meaning to free.

We cannot blame store personnel since the desire was to get you a device for free. Please remember there is a time zone difference so if you were in say EDT and the time is 3 hours or more +/- it may have been after midnight where verizon accepts online orders.

Good Luck

0 Likes
bicestephen

However, it wasn't. I'm in CDT. That would make them 1 hour ahead.. Which still would have put me in the green. I am going to go ahead and continue to blame them for not knowing exactly what they were talking about since he was an entire weekend off.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could possibly take advantage of the holiday price protection policy that's displayed on the Verizon Wireless home screen:

Holiday Return Policy & Price Protection

Take some of the stress out of the holidays with our Extended holiday return policy & price protection guarantee

All device and accessory purchases made between 11/28/13 and 12/25/13 may be returned or exchanged through 1/15/14.

If you purchase a device or accessory from Verizon Wireless between 11/28/13 and 12/25/13 and we offer it at a lower price, we will match the lower price through 1/15/14. Depending on how you purchased your device or accessory, simply contact us as soon as you see the price difference in one of the following ways:

• If you purchased online at VerizonWireless.com and we offer a lower price online, call 800-922-0204.
  • If you purchased in our store and the store is now offering a lower price, return to the store.
  • If you purchased from us over the phone and we offer a lower advertised price, call 800-922-0204.

All other provisions of Verizon Wireless' Return and Exchange Policy still apply.

UnhappyNola
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can file a complaint by mailing a letter to Verizon Wireless Attention Correspondence Team PO Box 5029 Wallingford CT 06492

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bicestephen, you've reached the right place to provide your feedback. It's appreciated as it allows us hear your voice and recommendations on how we can be better for you. 

Congratulations on your upgrade to a new LG G2 device! It's our goal to provide you with the best deal available on new devices. However, I apologize that we're unable to verify what promotional deals will become available as pricing is subject to change at any time. It's certainly not our intention to mislead you in any way.

Thanks again for choosing us as your wireless provider.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the best device at the best price to meet your needs bicestephen! We make recommendations to the best of our abilities for promotions that are currently available. I'm sorry we can't speculate about inventory availability at a specific time of day or what future promotions may be available. If you aren't satisfied with your handset, we do offer a 14 day return option.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes