Suddenly, there is no service in the house. - Not a question, just a fact.
MARMEY66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dateline: Meiissa, TX 75454  Since moving into the house in February 2017, the AT&T internet service is highly questionable and downright unavailable sometimes.  Until today, it's been my Verizon Wireless Service to the rescue!!  When needed, we just used the cell data hot spot on our phones and BINGO!, services with Verizon wireless and use of my laptop!

But wait..... what's happened?  I take 2 steps into the house and NO SERIVCE!!  None, zip, nothing,  It's like Verizon never existed!  What the heck??

OK, go back out to the driveway - Veriizon LTE - 4 bars!!  Woohoo!! Walk back in to the house - dead.....No Service.

When I called, I got very nice people at the Tech Coach who are troubleshooting the phone.  I know, it's their job.  BUT, it's not the devices, Verizon.  The same things happens on 3 different phones!!  Are you telling me everyone's phone, everyone's SIM card blew up at one time??  What are the odds??  BUT WAIT, when we take the phones outside, all the devices work great! OK, fine..... I'll troubleshoot my phones to follow your precious protocol:

1. power off

2. reset network settings

3. pulled the SIM cards

4. reset ALL settings

5. power off and on again and again (at this point I told my very friendly Tech Coach this wasn't working out... was standing in my driveway when I told her this) and she made the following notes to my call record:

5. pending NEW SIM cards

6. pending use of insurance to replace 3 devices  WHAT??!!  Nope, sorry, not gonna happen.  Tech Coach wouldn't happened to be run by Asurion who is also the insurance company, right??  So they automatically go to the problem with the PHONE and not possibly something else?

Verizon - something is wrong with your cell tower or your repeater or something so technical, I can't even begin to imagine what it might be  You can tell me there is no outage in my neighborhood.  It doesn't matter, if I'm in the house, I don't have any services to get your message.

If cell phone coverage by Verizon is no longer available in zip code 75454, just tell me so I can make other arrangements.  If there might be a problem with the equipment in that neck of the woods, have someone check it out, please. Until today, I could trust my Verizon Wireless Serivce and now I'm sad that I can't.

Labels (1)
Re: Suddenly, there is no service in the house. - Not a question, just a fact.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that the phone work when and where you need it to, MARMEY66. I can assure you from what you've mentioned that it's not a defect in either your phones or your SIM cards, as you suspected. The most challenging part in this situation is that it only recently became this way, it wasn't always like this. There are several possible reasons this could be, so I'm including this https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/ to help explain some of the reasons an otherwise working device may lose signal indoors. There are also suggestions which will help overcome indoor-only issues.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Suddenly, there is no service in the house. - Not a question, just a fact.
MARMEY66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks GeorgeS - I appreciate the information on troubleshooting!  I don't think it was anything we did but by the next morning, we had full signal in the house again.  I'd like to think you may have asked some questions on the Verizon end. Smiley Happy  The end result is the signal has been restored and we are in service!