Sudden loss of coverage in my area - What happened?
drummerextreme
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I have had decent coverage in Florence, Colorado. A couple of days ago, the service just went poor out of nowhere. It's like that in the whole town. I drive to Colorado Springs and it's fine. I called Verizon and of course they won't tell us what's really going on. They sent me a video explaining that we are in one of the spots where there is poor coverage. It was just fine before! We never usually got full bars, but we at least had 4G and regular cell coverage. Now I only have one bar and no internet at all. What happened? I don't want some generic run around answer from Verizon. I want honesty from the company whom I have a contract with and give my money to every month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sudden loss of coverage in my area - What happened?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be a tower down for maintenance. It might be something else. Have you reboot your phones to re-establish the SIM card connection with the network?

PS beautiful area but it has been a long time since I visited.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Sudden loss of coverage in my area - What happened?
drummerextreme
Enthusiast - Level 2

They said nothing was wrong. No maintenance or tower down or anything else. They sent me a ticket number and said they would let me know what's wrong after they investigated it. I then got that video saying we have poor coverage in the area we are in. I have restarted my phone and everything else I could think of. It's not just my phone either. Maybe Verizon is testing out new services and doesn't want to tell us for fear of losing customers? Who knows? They do. They don't communicate with us whenever something goes wrong. We don't have home internet service so I rely on my phone to be able to pay bills, check my bank account, etc. It's incredibly inconvenient and frustrating to pay for a service that you can't use.

0 Likes