Still waiting for Verizon to reimburse me for ETF from Sprint ($180)
SHEJOH32

I switched from sprint to verizon first week of june 2016. i was promised by verizon that they would pay for my early termination fee from sprint. i followed all the required steps and paperwork. I traded in my phone. I was told it payment would be sent to me in the form of a gift card for the $180 within 8 weeks. It's November. I haven't seen a gift card, nor heard a peep from verizon. What is the problem??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still waiting for Verizon to reimburse me for ETF from Sprint ($180)
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Plus, how much was your trade worth? If you only owed $180 to Sprint and your phone was given $200 then you won't get any more credits. The promotion is up to $650. Depending on how much you owe less your trade amount.

If you owed $500 to Sprint and your trade was worth $200, you would have received an additional $300.

If you owed $180 and your trade was $150, you would have received an additional $30.

What was given to you for your traded in phone?

View solution in original post

Tidbits
Legend

Check your bills. From what i remember they recently switched it to a bill credit and not a gift card. I dont remember exactly the change happened. Did you notice a bill was missing or a reduced cost?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Plus, how much was your trade worth? If you only owed $180 to Sprint and your phone was given $200 then you won't get any more credits. The promotion is up to $650. Depending on how much you owe less your trade amount.

If you owed $500 to Sprint and your trade was worth $200, you would have received an additional $300.

If you owed $180 and your trade was $150, you would have received an additional $30.

What was given to you for your traded in phone?

SHEJOH32

i checked the bills - no credit received for the ETF. My sprint ETF was $180. My verizon trade-in for my iphone 6s with 64G was only $50...which I did get credit for. At the time i got a hold of cust svc agent, they were going to mail me a gift card. No gift card. No follow up. Crickets. Anyone have a direct email I can contact? When verizon wants its money, they are quick to demand and charge late fees...when it comes to verizon holding up its promises, it's like an endless quagmire of [removed].

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

I am sorry to learn of the issues you have encountered with the switching promotion outlined in your post, SHEJOH32. I certainly want you to get the correct amount for which you are eligible under that promotion. The only team that has the tools and resources to assist you with all your promotions concerns is our Switch Center team. Please call them at your convenience at 844-408-8470, or live chat with them online at this link: https://www.yourwirelessswitchcenter.com/contactus/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Did you fill out the information on the website as required by the promotion?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I've never seen them credit less than $150 on a recent iPhone. (iPhone 6 or 6s).   Was it damaged?

iCloud locked?  Was it the exact same phone as on your bill with Sprint?

0 Likes
SHEJOH32

AntonioC_VZW, thanks for your help. I am trying to follow your suggestions to no avail. I was on chat and at the end of the chat and what seemed like hours, she said, sorry, call back tomorrow because I can't find anything and i can't help you. I have the emails confirming that the phone was received and a gift card of $56 was issued, but i never received my $180 for the ETF. I was told it was going to  be sent 8 weeks later from the Aug. 4, 2016 email, but I have NEVER received. It's no small amount and I find this really unprofessional. What can I do now? Thanks,

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Did you receive anything at the point of sale for trading in your phone?  If so, how much?

0 Likes