Still getting charged for Data Usage even w/ Unlimited Data Usage Plan w/MotoDroid
LBNN

Still getting charged for Data Usage even with Unlimited Data Usage Plan with Motorola Droid? Help me get rid of this issue with Verizon.

I have the Unlimited Data Plan that is inconjunction with the Motorola Droid phone. Why is Verizon still charging me for the Data usage? I don't get it. I call in every month to get it corrected. I am starting to doubt Verizon's credibilities. Are they capable of correcting their billing error glitches. This is upsetting. This should be the least of my worries. I've already got too much on my plate already I really don't need to add this inconvenience to my ongoing daily life!

Such an inconvenience. I have a feeling that they won't correct this error. I might have to take further actions. Not sure how to do it, I really do not want to call in every month to have this issue corrected. Someone help guide me through the right place to take further actions please! Verizon supervisors couldn't even help over the phone. Although they admit that it is a billing error. What is causing this error? I have unlimited Data Usage? The hell?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Still getting charged for Data Usage even w/ Unlimited Data Usage Plan w/MotoDroid
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I can understand your angst ... I wouldn't want to call every month either. When you go on MyVerizon, does it detail what the charges are for?

This just happened to me, where I found a small data charge on my bill, even though I've had  unlimited data since September 2008. When I called CS, we found somehow the grandfathered Alltel text/pic message pack I had was changed to a text pack that didn't include pics, and I was charged for sending pics.

What I usually suggest in cases like yours is to call until you get someone who can help, but it sounds like you've done this a few times already, unfortunately.

Best wishes for a speedy resolution.

0 Likes
Re: Still getting charged for Data Usage even w/ Unlimited Data Usage Plan w/MotoDroid
gvbdad

several things can appear under "data" on the bill.. could be app/ ringback tone purchases, text ,  and the most common is a premium sms message.  What is the charge?  Does it show under data usage as KB or MB?

0 Likes
emptyF

if you have a droid then you have a data feature that gives you unlimited transport.  you are not being charged and cannot and will not be charged for megabyte usage.  period.  you can be charged for things that show up as data, such as: premium text messaging, app zone purchases, media center purchases, vznavigator, text message overage, to name a few. 

go to your my verizon account, check your bill details under data and see what the charges are actually for before assuming that the charges are in error.

0 Likes
kait9807

i had a little trouble myself trying to find it on the website because it is a new layout.. butat the top it is on the bar thing it it

My Services

Parental Control

usage controls

then at the bottom after it says - trusted numbersi believe itsays- service blocks

click that

and you chould be all set!

0 Likes