Split bills
AJ182

Is there a way to split your bills between two phones? I have unlimited data on my phone and the other does not. The one with the other phone wants to switch to the more everything plan but I dont because I love my unlimited data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Split bills
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option is to split the lines using the Assumption of Liability process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option is to split the lines using the Assumption of Liability process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AJ182

What is the assumption of liability process?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Type in the Search for the website and find dozens of similar discussions on this community forum and on the Verizon Wireless website.

My Verizon FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How much time do you have left on the non-unlimited agreement?  Perhaps waiting until all are clear of contract/agreements would be easier, depending on time left.  You could continue month to month with unlimited and the other line could change plans at that point as well.  Again, depends on how much time you have left.  This would allow both lines to be separate as well.  If you choose to do so now, obviously speaking with a rep in a corporate store or over the phone would be necessary, but be careful and make sure you understand what they are going to do and that they understand what you want to do.  Mistakes happen when plans get changed, and sometimes it turns into an ordeal with unexpected or mis-communicated intentions.

0 Likes
AJ182

There is like 6 months or so left on the non unlimited phone

0 Likes
AJ182

The one with non unlimited wants to change plans now to lower the bill but i want to keep the plan due to me still having unlimited data

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Do they want to change plans to separate the bill, to get a new device, or to save money/change features?

0 Likes
AJ182

They want to save money but im fine paying what Im paying

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Honestly, after reading the many many issues on these forums from folks making mid-contract changes...I'd wait.  It might seem like some saved money, but I have realized that all it takes is one CS agent to make one small error and then you have many unsettled arrangements, promises, plan changes and charges and no way to reverse it all.  That's their call, but unless it's a huge money issue and they are willing to risk a major error...I'd stay put.

0 Likes