Someone told me,is that true?
strol2

Someone told me that when I joined up and got a free phone,its usually is the last years phone and the newer phone is comming out. Thats ok, but they also told me that they start to kater to the new phone's upgrades and signals and you don't get as good a signal as the newer modle phone. For example I joind in 2014, got a Samsung Galaxy S4mini for free, I think,some how I paid $100.00 for something. At that time the Sanmsung S5mini came out. well I find that my signal and service is poor, and have a hard time getting servise in some areas where other people that have the newer phone can get good servise. Is this true? and why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Someone told me,is that true?
Weth
Legend

It would be true that the phones that Verizon gives out for free tend to be older models. That is not exactly surprising or unexpected.

It is NOT true, that Verizon caters signals to new phones and the older phones get degraded signals. However, some of the newer phones are able to connect to frequencies that the older phones were never designed to connect to. So it is true that newer phones can have faster data speeds since they can connect to the just released frequencies (that is the XLTE that Verizon advertises). These newer frequencies would have no effect on being able to make voice calls for you.

Bottom line, you should not see big differences in access between a phone a couple years old and new phones. Verizon certainly does not degrade signals to older phones. It is possible your phone is having some issues, so get it checked out.

0 Likes
Re: Someone told me,is that true?
Not applicable

Hello

0 Likes