Someone is using my number
Martimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received a call and voice message from some lady I don't know, telling me she doesn't know me.  She says she got a call from my number. I have never called or texted this woman.  She said she thinks someone is using my number.  What's up with that? Is that even possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Someone is using my number
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your number is probably being spoofed; there are a number of threads about it on the forum if you want to do a search, such as:

Re: spoofed local number robocalls

0 Likes
INTHEDOGHOUSE05

Is this still happening to you?  My number was spoofed, and I'm getting 5-10 calls every 10-15 minutes, from people saying that I called them.  How long did this go on for you?  I'm trying to see how long to wait it out, before changing my number (last resort!)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand how annoying it can be to get random calls, especially that many in a day that frequently, INTHEDOGHOUSE05. Typically there is not a specific length of time that spoofing lasts for. Please know that we are here for you if you decide to change your number or wish to add the blocking feature to your account if the calls are coming from just a few numbers.

GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

INTHEDOGHOUSE05 wrote:

Is this still happening to you? My number was spoofed, and I'm getting 5-10 calls every 10-15 minutes, from people saying that I called them. How long did this go on for you? I'm trying to see how long to wait it out, before changing my number (last resort!)

If you change your number nothing is stopping that number form being spoofed.

0 Likes