Social Networks on the LG Cosmos 2
Fahriosaur

I just got a new phone today (yay me?) after finally getting fed up with the keypad on my Samsung Juke.  On my new phone, the LG Cosmos 2, there's an option to connect to Facebook/Myspace/Twitter.  When I hit "help", it says that "Message charge will apply".  Is that just a normal text message charge, or is it something different?  If I already have unlimited texting (unfortunately, I don't know exactly what our plan is, I'm not its administrator) will there be any additional cost for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Social Networks on the LG Cosmos 2
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I believe the built in app for Facebook/Twitter/MySpace DOES use data on the Cosmos. You CAN use texting to update your Facebook status, upload pics, and message friends, but it's all via text messaging (to 32665, once you have linked your Facebook account and your phpone number), NOT the app installed on the phone.
0 Likes
Re: Social Networks on the LG Cosmos 2
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Fahriosaur wrote:

I just got a new phone today (yay me?) after finally getting fed up with the keypad on my Samsung Juke.  On my new phone, the LG Cosmos 2, there's an option to connect to Facebook/Myspace/Twitter.  When I hit "help", it says that "Message charge will apply".  Is that just a normal text message charge, or is it something different?  If I already have unlimited texting (unfortunately, I don't know exactly what our plan is, I'm not its administrator) will there be any additional cost for this?

Hi Fahriosaur,

When your accessing the app for Facebook, the help simply refers you to activating a mobile text messages on your device. It can relate to the code of 32665 as provided by SuzyQ. I checked on Facebook and they do not charge you for using mobile texts but standard rates for sending and receiving text message do apply. If you have a unlimited texting plan, there would be no charge for texting usage for Facebook as it is covered under the plan.  Please check with the account owner, ask them what kind of texting plan they have and if texting is covered on your line.  Also, the Account Owner can access My Verizon to view their calling plan to see what type of texting coverage they have and perhaps add a texting plan to your line if needed. This way your covered for the texting usage relating to Facebook. Here is a link for more information on texting plans and rates to further assist with you.

0 Likes