Re: So long, old friend
B33
Legend

Yup that's for sure >Name removed per user request<. Say Like if I want to buy a Scanner, I can go to Walmart.com and get From.. Uniden's Home Patrol all the way to the BCD996 ))  and pick it up at the Store or have it sent to me.. and the same with the Uniden External Speakers but If i want to Go to our Local store and Just get one i'm out of luck another thing that Walmart.com offers is Bill-Me-Later which is a Nice alternative to using a Credit Card..

>Link removed as it is irrelevant to the thread<

>Profanity acronym removed<  Smiley Happy b33   O and I want to add Good Morning..

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I am amazed you were able to a full priced one at the store though

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't tried at our local stores;   indicated they did, though.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

That's right, it was SydneyK

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm not sure, but I suspect each store can choose whether to sell at full price based on stock. For example, when I looked for full price online, it indicated that it varied by store. I had to physically go into the store to read the full price on the tag. By the way, the price was $100 cheaper than through Verizon, which may be why it wasn't shown online.

0 Likes
sfreeman5

I see lots of responses here showing how to go elsewhere to get a phone in order to keep the unlimited minutes.  But why?  Why is that the only option?  Why isn't Verizon simply letting me upgrade my phone and keep it that way?  And why is everyone else seemingly fine with the fact that they won't?   Am I really the only person who thinks it is absurd to have to jump through hoops to keep the service I have now?  It's not like Verizon doesn't have the ability to to keep it -- it's that they want the extra money to keep me off it.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon will be happy to allow you to upgrade and keep your unlimited data. What they will not do is give you a discount on the phone if you want to keep the unlimited data, you just have to pay full retail for the phone.

The reason many of the responses say to go elsewhere is because you may be able to get the phone for a lower price, used maybe, but still at a lower price.

If you have unlimited and want to keep it, you do not have to jump thru hoops, you simply have to pay full retail if you want to purchase thru Verizon. Otherwise, you can go to one of the other suggestions if you want the phone at a lower cost.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon made the business decision to remove unlimited data. Guess what?! There is nothing we, as customer's can do about it. Through your post, I understood partially of what that woman was telling you on the phone. My guess is you have a Nationwide family share plan. As long as you have 2-4 lines on that plan, you can add a line for $9.99 a month and purchase a new phone at the discounted pricing. After activating the new phone on that line for a day or two, you can swap the phone over to your line and put a spare phone or a "dummy" phone on the new line. This allows you to have an extra line with an upgrade to keep your unlimited data for your line. This is legit

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I don't think people are necessarily fine with it. It may be more a matter of the fact that this discussion has been going on for the past year and nothing has changed because of it. So most have just accepted it and moved forward.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

sfreeman5 wrote:

I see lots of responses here showing how to go elsewhere to get a phone in order to keep the unlimited minutes.  But why?  Why is that the only option?  Why isn't Verizon simply letting me upgrade my phone and keep it that way?  And why is everyone else seemingly fine with the fact that they won't?   Am I really the only person who thinks it is absurd to have to jump through hoops to keep the service I have now?  It's not like Verizon doesn't have the ability to to keep it -- it's that they want the extra money to keep me off it.

Verizon Wireless can run their business as they see fit, and the consumers can make the choices that best suit them.  Upgrading at a discount is an offer from a carrier that is subject to contingencies.  Even if I don't agree with it, it's VZW's right to not offer unlimited data with a discounted device. 

No, you are not the only person that thinks that this is absurd.  As one who prefers to buy my devices outright rather than get them along with a service contract that binds me to the company for a long period of time, my outlook on it is different, though.