So I recently upgraded my plan...
sugarvein

So I recently upgraded my plan from a (very) old one to a newer one with more data. I also purchased a battery extender since my phone was losing charge easily. Would either of those effect my signal strength or service? Every since changing those two things, my phones signal is barley there. Most of the time I lose signal all together.

Before I had great signal and service pretty much anywhere I went. Now, it's hard to find a place where my phone will even get a signal..

PLEASE HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: So I recently upgraded my plan...
CM_Wells
Enthusiast - Level 3

What device do you have? How long have you had it? Can you explain to me what type of battery extender you're talking about? Is it a bigger aftermarket battery? If it is, I would try putting your old battery back in for a few minutes and see what happens or it could be you need to make a change in your settings.

0 Likes
sugarvein

I have a Galaxy S 4. I have had it under a year. The bought a Li-Ion Battery that was bigger, and suppose to hold more of a charge then my original one.

I didn't think of that. I will try putting in the old battery and see what happens.

0 Likes
CM_Wells
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you buy it used or somewhere other than Verizon? That's a bit of an older phone. See what happens when you put the old battery back in and also go into settings>more networks>mobile networks>network mode and set it to LTE/CDMA to see if that helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sugarvein,

We wanted to reach out to you to see if your service concern has been resolved. May I ask what zip code are you in? Are you having issues indoor and outdoors? Can we assume that there isn't any damage to the device? If you can provide us with a status update then we can assist.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes