Small claims suit
joe_sigis
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am currently filing a small claims suit against Verizon Wireless. Does anyone know if it is considered a individual or commerical claim? And if they have a DCA number?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Small claims suit
Not applicable

Actually its a personal right of action.

If you have a corporate Verizon wireless store in your city,town or village you can have them served by the sheriff at that location.

Normally large companies have a service address for such actions.

Google Verizon wireless legal affairs office. You could call them for the address to be served but I would do as I do and serve the corporate store. Let them get the legal summons to the legal department.

The court clerk normally will assist you with the filing. Make sure you add in the filing fee to your court case. Also include any loss of income per hour to the filing. It all can be returned if you prevail in your case.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

joe_sigis
Enthusiast - Level 3

i just called there customer service department for this and they hung up on me. wow.

Not applicable

Actually its a personal right of action.

If you have a corporate Verizon wireless store in your city,town or village you can have them served by the sheriff at that location.

Normally large companies have a service address for such actions.

Google Verizon wireless legal affairs office. You could call them for the address to be served but I would do as I do and serve the corporate store. Let them get the legal summons to the legal department.

The court clerk normally will assist you with the filing. Make sure you add in the filing fee to your court case. Also include any loss of income per hour to the filing. It all can be returned if you prevail in your case.

Good Luck

joe_sigis
Enthusiast - Level 3

I filed the claim today. NYC has a service that will file the claim for you. I cannot beleive how unhelpful Verizon has been during this process. You would think that would not want to be sued. They won't even go over this with me. I also filed a complain with BBB.org and consumer affairs. I now have to go buy all new equippment to go to a different service provider ipad, iphone etc. So annoying. Sending a fax to 325-949-6916 that is there legal complaince department. Thank you for your help.

Not applicable

They will respond before the court date to settle.

It costs money for them to go to court. Make sure you sign nothing until everything you want is done.

Get the settlement in writing. They will do fax back service if you have a fax machine.

However for money make sure the check is in your hands before signing off on the settlement.

I once took a local auto dealer to court and the $4700.00 was credited within two hours back on my Amex.

And if it does not work out let a judge decide. Its very easy.

Good Luck

Dstarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

What address do you put as plaintiff anyone know?

0 Likes