Slow mobile data in Fresno area
joelescoulie

I frequently get speeds in the Kbps range all over Fresno CA. Even outdoors with nearly full bars, on LTE+. Is there anything that can be done?Screenshot_20190205-092030.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow mobile data in Fresno area
bearone21
Legend

nope, the best you'll see is 5-12mbps & can be slower.

0 Likes
joelescoulie

I would kill for 5-12 mbps. I frequently get 10-15 kbps. My dial up modem was faster

0 Likes
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

Joelescoulie,

We want nothing more than for you to have the fastest available data speeds in Fresno. It's a bit concerning to see the speeds you're achieving on your device, so let's look a bit closer. We checked the area and didn't see any active issues or alerts. A number of things can impact your data speeds. When did you begin having this trouble? What's the exact name of the plan you have? How much data have you used? You can check your usage by dialing #DATA from your phone or by logging in to My Verizon using this link http://vz.to/2tlR2UG . Once logged in, click the Data tab on the left of the screen, then choose your phone line(if you have multiple lines on your account). Your usage will be displayed for you.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joelescoulie

I’ve been on Verizon about a year,and it’s always been pretty slow. I’m on the 3gb prepaid plan and havent used my data allotment. There are areas around town where I get 1or 2 mbps but most of the time it’s just dial up slow. Indoors outdoors doesn’t matter.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details on your experience, joelescoulie. What make and model phone do you have? Are other Verizon Wireless customers in your area having a similar issues with data speed? Can you provide a couple intersections where you experience this at the most?

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joelescoulie

I have an Essential PH-1, other members of my family have a Moto XT1900 and Moto XT1575. They have similar throughput. I have also tested on an iPhone 6s that I had laying around with similar results.

Areas that I have recently had poor performance include

• Courthouse Park 1100 VanNess ave
  • Fresno City College, 1101 E University Ave
  • Edison High School, 540 E California Ave
0 Likes