Slow internet speeds
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon’s system is congested. Slow data speeds are a problem no matter what plan you are on. Verizon is not going to take it seriously until they lose enough customers that it hurts them financially. Verizon is still the best compared to the other networks yet we pay a lot more for it. So if the Verizon service is not giving you better service than you would get from someone else it is time to save money and go with the other service. Why pay top dollar if you are not getting the quality you are paying for? This is the point I am at. I'm done with tech support having be reboot my phone in different ways over and over yet will not admit their system to overloaded.

Re: Slow internet speeds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of ensuring you are experiencing great data service at all times. When did you start experiencing slow data speeds? So that we can take a closer look into the area, can you please provide the zip code you are experiencing difficulties in? Do you know of other Verizon Wireless customers in the area who are also experiencing the same issues?

0 Likes
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been calling every day since October 21. All the techs want to do is mess with my phone. The location is 70 rear Third Avenue Somerville Massachusetts 02143. I am looking at signal boosters and antennas. They cost around $500. So I'm thinking about if it's worth spending the money. 
The location I'm having signal issues coincides with a large construction project next door to my job. Every morning around 6am I lose the signal. That is the same time the construction companies start working. My guess is they use Verizon and have the push to talk service. 
They congest a huge radius. I have to get on the highway/expressway to receive a better signal.

0 Likes
TRAFFICCONTROLXL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been in between Houston and Baytown,Tx for the past 30 hours and this internet is useless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TRAFFICCONTROLXL, you deserve fantastic coverage at all times. We know how much of an inconvenience it can be to experience a fluctuating signal, and we want to fix this. In order to better assist you, can you please provide the nearest intersection and zip code for the last location this issue occurred? Is the issue happening indoors/outdoors or both?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These details are helpful, Know-it-all. I can certainly understand your concerns if your data speeds aren't expected and I want to ensure that we're able to take a closer review. When did your slow speeds begin? Do you know if other Verizon users in the area have a similar experience with data speeds?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is what I found out. The term is mimo. It is what the antenna systems are called. The newer phones such as the iPhone 11 will have 4 antennas. Most of us have 1 or 2 antennas. 
The service is overloaded and I read that Texas had some of the system not working last week.

If you call technical support they will tell you that your account is "being managed" which means you are being throttled down for more important people or companies even if you are not being throttled down.

You can buy a cell phone booster system for $500. Weboost has the best reviews. It won't help you if the towers are congested. It will help if you are driving through the desert and towers are far away.

0 Likes
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 2 phones and both have the same problem. I had sprint years ago. I was in the middle of selling a house and buying a house. Very stressful. I needed my phone to work. I called sprint and they found out they didn't have enough towers so they let me out if the contract. Is there a reason Verizon can't figure out why their service is bogged down or do they know and don't care?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information. Could you tell us what does your signal show when you are having these issues? Are you only having issues when you are in that specific location?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
Know-it-all
Enthusiast - Level 3

lol. How many times in this thread have they asked me questions that I already gave them the answer? Are they even reading my comments? I bought a signal booster. I will let everyone know if it helps. They are expensive and shouldn't be nessasary but all the same I will post the update.

0 Likes