Slow 4G speed in Boise
geauxtiger

I have been experiencing very slow 4G speed for past few months at my work place (southeast Boise). The speedtest gives a download speed of ~0.2Mbps for 4G LTE, and I couldn't even stream online radio smoothly!

Have been a Verizon customer for past 9 years, and seriously thinking of switching to T-Mobile for faster 4G speed. I know I will miss the great reception Verizon provides when I am on a road trip, but getting only 0.2Mbps 4G speed in places most of your time spent on is not acceptable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow 4G speed in Boise
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
geauxtiger,

I am certainly sorry to learn that you have been having some issues with the reception and speeds at your work location. We definitely want to do what we can to determine what may be going on and certainly would not want to see you leave. Are you primarily only having issues at this one location or everywhere that you go? What would be the zip code for the area? Are you aware of other VZW users in the area with similar concerns? Also, to be sure, are these speeds occurring while indoors, outdoors or both?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
geauxtiger

Thanks for getting back to me!

The zip code of my work place is 83706, and the slow 0.2Mbps download speed

is indoor. I know the 4G speed will be slower inside a building, but I was

able to get a few Mbps earlier, and online radio (even video) streaming was

never a problem. I am seeing overall slower 4G LTE speed just in recent

months, not only at my workplace, but all other places in Boise.

The phone I am using is galaxy note 3, and I just upgrade it to android 5.0

last month.

Thanks,

Fei

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the details. Is this only happening here? Have you heard other Verizon customers say the same thing? Did it start before or after the update? Any details would help.
BobbyN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
geauxtiger

My wife in my family plan sees the same slow down 4G speed in recent

months. She is using iphone 5S, so it seem not the phone issue.

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for those extra details, geauxtiger. I have to agree! It would be pretty unlikely that this change would be phone related if you have different phones with different operating systems. I checked the 83706 area and don't see there's been recent reports of a service trouble though. Keep in mind that in the spring and summer months as foliage begins to become more dense, speeds may begin to slow slightly and service may vary due to the added interference. Have either of you been outside the Boise area since this began? If so, how was service further from town? At your work where you've noticed the most difference, do you recall any changes or new construction in the area? How far from your work building do you have to get to bring speeds back up to a few Mpbs?

JenniferH_VZW
0 Likes