Re: Silicon Valley, home of the SLOWEST 4G LTE Verizon data speeds
campiyakanzi

I live in San Francisco in 94123 (Marina). My phone used to get great bandwidth everywhere.

Now at home, I regularly see ~230 kBits/sec download and Speedtest gives up on the upload test because the data rate is so slow. At work in 94143 (inner Sunset), I see the similar performance (although I haven't tested as many times).

Two weeks ago, I went to Ashland, Oregon. The network there gave me 8-10 MBits/sec down and up. That was refreshing for those few days. Now I am back in SF with the same dysfunction.

So, Verizon, when are you going to scale up your infrastructure in big cities to match your installed base of LTE customers?

0 Likes
Silicon Valley, home of the SLOWEST 4G LTE Verizon data speeds
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon what is going on??-  Downtown SF  8-26-13 11:34 am and  11:47 am:

Down:

Up: .03

Latency 230 ms

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Status update after I returned back to work:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vMGefeIu2UM/UhJpwBqNU0I/AAAAAAAAEWU/QbIDGpeszvo/s2560/Screenshot_2013-08-19-11-47-11.png

That's an astonishing level of suckage you're providing to your 4G customers Verizon!  One month after reporting this issue and we now have ping times to the local cell tower that are slower than a ping time to reach a server in India!

Verizon, UPDATE US PLEASE!!! It's been over a month and this outage is still impacting your customers.

nicholasb_vzw - What happened to your promised updates?

The early termination fee is $350 less $10 per month of service for smartphones, correct?  Looks like ~$350 total in ETF for all my phones.  The ROI in paying ETF plus the extra costs in procuring new phones would pay off in 2 months based on the time impact to my ability to get my work done. At this point, I believe I have legitimate justification to forego the ETF payment as Verizon is unable to provide contractual service in San Jose.

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Outage report - no signal available, 3G or 4G.  No data connectivity.

Lion Market

1031 East Capitol Expressway

San Jose, CA 95121

0 Likes
shadokastur
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can ask Verizon to submit an investigation ticket and if their coverage department determines you do indeed have marginal coverage they will allow you to disconnect without an ETF.  This has happened to me before.

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Outage report - Dead zone, voice calls are dropped and no data connectivity.

San Jose, zip code 95136

Hwy 87 near Branham Ln overpass

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Outage report: no signal available 3G & 4G, no data connectivity.  Phone tries to burn a hole in my pocket attempting a connection to a cell tower.

San Jose, Oakridge Mall on side near Sears store.  Target side of mall however is fine with 2 bars of 4G and data connectivity is functional.

943 Blossom Hill Rd

San Jose, CA 95123

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for this info.  Do you know if an "investigation ticket" is different than a support ticket number that starts with "NRB"?

0 Likes
shadokastur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, they are the same.  The process can take a while.  How long ago did you file it?  When did you get the NRB number?

0 Likes
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Outage report:  Intermittent data connectivity with frequent time out and data loss.

Hwy 101 between North San Jose and San Mateo during business hours.

A year ago, Verizon data connectivity on all Silicon Valley highways was robust and stable, both for 3G and 4G.  Nowadays, it's about as reliable as the US Congress to reach a consensus. 

0 Likes