Re: Silicon Valley, home of the SLOWEST 4G LTE Verizon data speeds
c1ph3r2u
Contributor - Level 1

Game Over!

I'm done.

I've tried to be patient.

I'm on my way out. 

My Verizon contract expires this week and I won't be staying.

Why?

SJC-VerizonVsT-Mobile.png

Verizon has an unjustifiable premium pricing for such poor actual service.  Since I've last posted to this thread, I've found at least 10 more new Verizon data black holes in Silicon Valley.  This is so tiresome...

Image test results info:

Results below are from the golden triangle area of San Jose  taken at 9:43am on 12/13/2013. 

Verizon Nexus reporting 3 bars of LTE service, Nexus 5 reported 1 bar of LTE on T-Mobile. 

Multiple Verizon devices from different manufacturers and O/S report similar results from this location.  Same applies to T-Mobile & AT&T devices.

I wish for the other contract inflicted Silicon Valley Verizon customers the patience of the saints, because who knows when this will get fixed.  Verizon's latest update did nothing for Silicon Valley. (http://gigaom.com/2013/12/05/verizon-quietly-unleashes-its-lte-monster-tripling-4g-capacity-in-major...)

Cheers!

baekacaek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched from a 3G phone (iPhone 4) to a 4G phone (LG G3) and now I'm having this same exact issue. I actually work at the Samsung R&D center located on W Plumeria (though I had no Idea that my coworkers were overloading the towers).

At work, I'm getting download speed of 0.1 - 0.3 Mbps.

In the meantime, on my T-Mobile work phone, I'm getting 10 - 30Mbps download speed.

I can't believe that the last post in this thread was 8 months ago, and this issue STILL hasn't been fixed. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
WhoaIsMe

Here we are a year later and nothing.  Data rates at 0mbps and ping times of 1.6 seconds. (?)

How can this be?  Verizon needs to fix these holes. 

0 Likes
aadamowski
Enthusiast - Level 2

And, after almost 4 years have passed since the original post, it seems like the situation did not really improve. At least where I'm located, which is South San Jose:

Slow to nonexistent data coverage in South San Jose, CA - along Curie Dr and Cottle Rd.

It's also still true that Verizon does not support any effortless way for customers to simply report service outages and coverage gaps. This should be a simple form on the website and in their mobile apps.

It's XXI century, and nobody (especially when working in Silicon Valley) has 45 minutes to waste on a call center phone call simply to tell Verizon that their service does not work somewhere.

0 Likes