Re: Signal turned bad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEBMAR14, we know the importance of being able to stay on be heard on all calls. We do want to help in any way we can.

If you are traveling in a car, the calls can drop due to how calls are handed off from one tower to the next. We do suggest using HD Calling/Advanced Calling on most phones. Since that option would use our 4G LTE signal, which has more coverage in your area than our standard voice service. 

What model phone do you have? Do you know if that feature is enabled on your phone? 

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DEBMAR14

My phone is Samsung galaxy 7v

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018, 5:55 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

DEBMAR14 wrote:

My phone is Samsung galaxy 7v

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018, 5:55 PM vzw_customer_support <

Never heard of Galaxy 7v. Do you mean J7v. Which one 1st gen or 2nd gen?

0 Likes
DEBMAR14

Yes 7jv sorry

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018, 9:36 AM boringusername <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
DEBMAR14

Sorry I keep typing wrong j7v 2nd generation

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018, 9:36 AM boringusername <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEBMAR14, we know that continuing that call is important. Please go to the Apps, Settings, Advanced Calling, and turn on the Advanced Calling. Please let us know if you experience any change.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Virgiladdamperry

The exact problem is happening to me. It started about 2 weeks ago

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having consistent service is important to me. Let's get this figured out Virgiladdamperry. What are your cross streets and city of where you are having this problem? Did anything change in the area? How exactly is your service being impacted (calls, text, or data)? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Coondogjr

Same issue here in west valley Utah. Myself, my husband who is in a work plan with vzw, my dad, our friends...anyone on vzw in the salt lake valley is having the same issue. I have a brand new xr. It is constant every day. Doesn’t matter what data we have left on our plan. Myself and my husband who is in his work vzw plan both traveled to Pueblo CO this month and it was just as bad. I came here to try and find out why this is happening. My bars rarely move beyond 1 bar. 

0 Likes
Rasta

Same sudden poor singal strength here as well.  10 years fine...last 3 months garbage.  Can't make or receive a call in my home in a major metro area!  Tech was NO HELP.  MotoX  Pure on Android 7.0.  Funny...I get great service when travelign in Mexico but not 66224 ZIP code.

0 Likes