Signal turned bad
Claudialopez1284
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive maid complaints this year numerous times messaging thru facebook messenger with Verizon because we used to have the best signal with Verizon in our area for years. All of a sudden we've gone from full signal strength to 1 bar if I'm lucky. Starting now to also drop calls, internet is worse than dial up most times now as well. We have new phones but still experiencing this issue. Was blamed on just poor signal or congestion from what I got on the report BUT we have never had this issue in the past 15+ years. Everyone knew Verizon was the best and we go with it because keeping in contact in our business is important. We are no longer receiving that great service you used to be able to offer. How can this be improved??? Something has to be happening to service towers in the area or something isn't working anymore on your end around here .. Something needs fixing

Labels (1)
Re: Signal turned bad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience that we want you to have, Claudialopez1284. What is the make and model of the devices that are having these issues? Could you please provide us with your ZIP Code? What steps have you completed with our team over Facebook?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Claudialopez1284
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good afternoon,

I messaged back and forward with Verizon thru facebook who initially forgot

to make me a ticket number to get started after we spoke so when I got back

with them to follow up, they started one for me. In supposedly checking

what was wrong, they just let me know it was probably just congestion and

to maybe look into wifi to use your wifi calling feature. BUUUUT then what

is the point of having service with you all? We've been with Verizon

since we first had cell phones growing up.. over 20 years. We have always

had the best service here in our area. We would brag because not even

Tmobile and ESPECIALLY not Sprint would work in our area so we were very

happy with Verizon. But even just right now I had dropped calls with my

service. The signal slowly started getting bad around spring of last year

and has progressively gotten worse. In going back and forward with Verizon

on Facebook they had me do speed tests and message back a screenshot of its

results both indoors and outdoors. We are in Donna, TX 78537. I do not

understand why it keeps getting worse. We have new phones, *Samsung Note

8, iPhone 6, I think the iPhone 7* as well. But even using wifi in our

office with our phones isn't helping too much. Still has delays and we

have fast internet. What can be done to get our signal back? I miss my

full bars of signal. I had 1 bar and dropped to an X in the signal bar

just a while ago. Its very up and down. It has NEVER been so bad in all

these years. This is why I feel like something must be broken in the area

to have such bad and worsening service. We do not even reach our data

usage for the signal to slow down internet speed. Please fix what is wrong.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 12:41 AM, vzw_customer_support <

LUVALIBRA3
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing has happened to me. My service one from great to having to purchase a network extender to use the phone in my house. My 4G LTE is constantly dropping down to one at the switch does not work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing that we want is for you to have trouble communicating or retrieving information on your device. How long ago did you reach out to us on Facebook? What is your data usage at currently (GB)? When you had this conversation on Facebook, did you give them dates/times that your calls where dropping so they could check to see if your device was the one dropping the call? You mentioned this starting last spring, has there been any major changes to your property?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Claudialopez1284
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried replying thru the email I received as it said I could, but that email account you replied to me with at first is no longer active as I received a MAILER DEMON response with my reply.

I replied with the steps I have taken as requested a few days ago and have not heard back from you all.  Since my last email to you, the signal continues to worsen.  My calls are dropping more and more often and signal dropping more and more often.  Since I first started complaining about this situation last year, it continues to worsen.  This started around spring time last year that I noticed little changes, and has worsened enough to complain around October last year, and now it is even worse.  Not worth having service with you after at least 20years service with Verizon.  Something is going on in our area and needs to be looked at or have us moved to another tower for signal.  Please please please look into this because something is way different and continues to change and worsen.

I was asked on December 29, 2017 thru facebook messenger communication with Verizon, to take screen shots of my speed indoors and outdoors using "Speed Test" and I did this for both my house and down the block where I work.  I was asked to do soft resets of my phone which didn't change anything, I went thru the verizon app to manage my phone and check its performance and do a health check as requested, and finally also reset the device network settings and sent those screenshots of my results thru messenger as well as requested.  We made sure the apps that were being slow, such as facebook/ snapchat / instagram (which all use mobile data/signal), were all updated as well to see if that fixed anything.  After doing all that I sent in more screen shots using "Speed Test" to see if there were any changes... there were not.  Thats when they said they'd make a ticket for me but they forgot or had an error occur when they started the ticket.

I had not received a reply so followed up on it January 16, 2017 which is when they finally started a ticket for me ([removed] They only replied with offering indoor solutions, making sure I use my own wifi at home to better the signal.  This doesn't fix my problem. 

We complained again last month and we only get explanations of maybe it being congestion on the lines but were also told by customer service that maybe we could be switched to another tower for better signal.   Once that next ticket was made, we just got a response by video of someone saying it could be congestion in the area and to use the wifi feature.. But what about when I'm not on wifi, like at home or when I'm out and about?   We used to have the very best signal in the area for so many years and since around spring last year it started going down then down then wayyyy down for service.  It continues to worsen.  Before just with  my apps, now all my internet, and now also dropping calls and hearing every other word someone says and even dropping down to an X for no signal then to 3G then back to X and 1 bar if I'm lucky for 4G.  Something is terribly wrong with changes being made in our area or with the towers you have in the area.  Please please please look into it.  Verizon was the best, but for about a year now, not worth the amount we are paying for service.  Please fix.  We've had Verizon for almost 20 years.

[removed]

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you have been through a lot Claudialopez1284 and this is the last thing we want you to go through. We do appreciate your loyalty and want to make things right. I would like to personally look into your account to get this resolved. I have sent a Private Message, so I can further assist. 

AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Claudialopez1284
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had some verizon techs on my feed want to help and then get passed to other techs that message me privately but have had no responses for over a month now. I was asked for my info to get into my account to further help but get no response past that. I would like to know what changes are being made that suddenly Verizon is soooooo bad in our area and surrounding cities. Worse than the lesser expensive phone companies here. Something that you all changed has ruined our service after having the best service (and known to be the most expensive here). Now it's still expensive but also one of the worst for the past year now. Please fix this. Our business was fine paying more for the great service that Verizon used to be here but now we are only paying so much more for dropped calls, missed emails, no internet or failure of apps due to such poor quality now.  We have been telling you and reaching out to you all by phone calls/Facebook/Verizon Community of the slowly declining service (continues to decline) for almost a year now with you only telling us to purchase more signal boosting equipment and wifi equipment/internet from other providers in hope's that your service will work better. We never needed these extra expenses before. I still believe your towers/equipment are failing greatly here in not only where we live but surrounding cities here in the Rio Grande Valley as we have dropped calls throughout the area.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Claudialopez1284

I am terribly sorry that you never received a response since our last direct message to you last month. It’s important that we quickly address this wireless concern for you. I sent you another Direct Message. I will await your reply for further assistance with your service in your area.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Oceanwsurfer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have noticed the same issue. I moved to a smaller town (Palestine, TX 75803) about nine months ago. I previously had AT&T, but noticed Verizon service was much more reliable here, and even convinced my parents to switch over as well. The first few months were fine, but the the Verizon service began to get spotty and sometimes cut out completely for 15-30 minutes at a time. I use an iPhone X, and i constantly close unused apps, toggle back and forth from airplane mode, and even do hard resets on my phone to reconnect my signal, but to no avail. Verizon is supposed to be the most reliable service in the nation, but I am constantly disappointed. Any help available?