Signal so bad, can't even send a text
CINDYSHINA

Iphone and 2 different samsung phones will not even work while standing outside.  Texts with photos will not send and battery becomes depleted searching for signal.  How can reception be improved in our area?  Coverage map shows that we are covered.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal so bad, can't even send a text
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CINDYSHINA

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cindyshina, not having a reliable signal is never what we want our customers to experience. I depend on my phone daily so I have to have a good signal. I took a look in the area and did not find any open alerts. No worries we will do everything we can to figure this out. Please share with me how far do you have to travel before the signal improves? Are you aware of anyone else with Verizon having the same issues?

Rodney_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KWERD1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. My husband experienced this first a couple of weeks before me. Now it doesn’t matter where we are inside our house the calls drop or we can hear the other person fine but they can’t hear us. We got new phones last within the last 6 months and never had this issue before. It seems to work fine once we are out of the house and driving down the street.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

KWERD1 wrote:

Thank you. My husband experienced this first a couple of weeks before me. Now it doesn’t matter where we are inside our house the calls drop or we can hear the other person fine but they can’t hear us. We got new phones last within the last 6 months and never had this issue before. It seems to work fine once we are out of the house and driving down the street.

Sent from my iPhone

You're not CINDYSHINA. Are you experiencing the same problem in the same area as the original poster?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CINDYSHINA

I do not know if the neighbors also have issues. If i walk several hundred feet I can improve my signal.

How can you improve our signal at our location?

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KWERD1, we understand that experiencing dropped calls and poor quality calls while being indoors can cause some concern. We always recommend for you to reset the network settings on your device to make sure that your device is fully in sync with the network. We've attached a link that will guide you through this process. http://spr.ly/6580Doc2s

Also, an alternate solution is for you to take advantage of any Wi-Fi networks available to you and enable Wi-Fi calling. This will definitely provide you with the necessary signal boost in order to avoid any issues with your calls while being indoors.

Geovann_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working service is important to all of us. Is this the only location that you have issues in currently? How long have you had issues in your area? Are you able to make calls on your device or is it mainly data that is impacted?  

Jasper_VZW

0 Likes
CINDYSHINA

Mainly data that is affected. Has been a problem for at least a year, perhaps longer.

0 Likes