Should Verizon honor quoted price?
ashelton1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently migrated to one of the new plans. I was stoked because when I was exploring the plans I saw where I could get 2GB more data for the same price I was paying on my "More Everything" plan. As I went through the process of finalizing the plan change I also saw the line access fee was $20 instead of the $40 I was paying. Even MORE money saved! That was 08/05/15. I got my bill the other day and noticed that I was charged $40 for line access. Below is a

screen capture I took for my own records showing that I was in fact quoted $20 line access fee. I called that day and it was explained that I was in contract and the charge was $40. Since that isn't what I thought I was purchasing I was a little upset.

2015-09-10_8-50-54.png

I called 09/06/15 and spoke with a rep who spoke with a supervisor (after I emailed the screen shot). They both agreed that I should only pay $20 since that is what was quoted. The suggested resolution was to void the remaining 9 months of my contract and carry forward which would leave me paying the $20/month. I was told I would be contacted Monday. I was not. Tuesday I called them and was given the run around by a "manager" named Ryan who didn't even attempt to resolve the issue. We got "disconnected" (I think he hung up on me when I told him his math was wrong, which it was). I called back and spoke with another manager who was more understanding, but said she couldn't do anything to help. She even acknowledged that this had happened to several people already.

Am I out of line to want the product I ordered at the price I ordered it at?  They just seem very unwilling to work with someone who has been a customer for over a decade. I would think my continued business is more valuable that the $180 that will be accrued across the remainder of the contract should I continue to pay $40/month instead of the quoted $20.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Should Verizon honor quoted price?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Verizon's website is/was having trouble recognizing that your current phone might be on a 2 year contract which is why it put it at $20 instead of $40.

You got the phone on the 2 year contract at a subsidized priced which is why it was so cheap, yet the line access fee so high; $40. You have to full fill that contract agreement so asking for something that yes they made a mistake on is reasonable, but you're not owed it. They are owed for that phone they sold you at a discounted rate in exchange for a high line access fee.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It showed you the out of contract price and there is various disclaimers saying such. I wish you the best of luck trying to get that price while under contract.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Verizon's website is/was having trouble recognizing that your current phone might be on a 2 year contract which is why it put it at $20 instead of $40.

You got the phone on the 2 year contract at a subsidized priced which is why it was so cheap, yet the line access fee so high; $40. You have to full fill that contract agreement so asking for something that yes they made a mistake on is reasonable, but you're not owed it. They are owed for that phone they sold you at a discounted rate in exchange for a high line access fee.

0 Likes
ashelton1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thankfully and surprisingly, I spoke with a very friendly person in the corporate office and received bill credits in an amount that will equal the $20/month difference over the remainder of the contract at which point it will drop to $20/month. I was actually surprised at the outcome!

It took more than a few phone calls, but I have to say that everyone I spoke with was really chill and seemed genuinely concerned with my situation!

0 Likes
ashelton1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, there were no disclaimers during the process of changing plans. Even after the change was final, it reflected the price I was quoted. Even the representatives supervisor acknowledged this.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actual there is. Go through their FAQ and they do link through the process, but people generally bypass them. In the FAQ it breaks everything down.

0 Likes