Should I upgrade with a 2 year to the Edge?
Mshank

My current contract is up in about 1 month and I am weighing the pros and cons about switching to the edge plan.  One question that I did have that I have not been able to find an answer to is:  On my plan I currently have 1 phone (purchased through Verizon) and one tablet that is owned by and used for work purposes.  How would never being able to upgrade the tablet work on the edge plan?  Obviously I would upgrade the phone when needed to avoid the possible $15 month charge but the tablet just sits there and gets used about once or twice a month.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: From 2 year to Edge question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question Mshank. If you are on the More Everything plan and are on a device payment plan you will continue to receive the $25 line access discount.

With the New Verizon Plans the line access is $20. You can view our new plans here http://vz.to/2dSoS9m.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Mshank wrote:

One question that I did have that I have not been able to find an answer to is: On my plan I currently have 1 phone (purchased through Verizon) and one tablet that is owned by and used for work purposes. How would never being able to upgrade the tablet work on the edge plan?

What is this supposed to mean? If you don't upgrade, you don't upgrade. Whether you want to upgrade with a 2 yr service contract or on Edge, you are not FORCED to upgrade. If you choose not to upgrade, you simply won't have a device payment on that line because you didn't purchase a new device. Everything else stays the same.

0 Likes
Mshank

It was my understanding that on the Edge plan you received a $25 discount if you are 'financing' a device and once that device was paid off the discount went away, am I incorrect on this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help Mshank. The $25 line access discount applies when on a Device payment plan (formerly Edge) on the More Everything plan. The line access on a More Everything plan is $40 so you would receive a $25 if on a device payment plan.

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mshank

Okay so if I always have at least a phone on the payment plan I am okay.  I am just apprehensive about my company iPad that will be on the account but I will never upgrade it through Verizon because it is not mine to do as such.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question Mshank. If you are on the More Everything plan and are on a device payment plan you will continue to receive the $25 line access discount.

With the New Verizon Plans the line access is $20. You can view our new plans here http://vz.to/2dSoS9m.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The $25 discount only applies to smartphones on payment plan with More Everything. iPads and other devices have a set access charge of $10 per month regardless of status. There is no risk having an iPad on your account that is not in any type of plan. It will just be a month to month status for that particular line.

You should also make sure you are still getting the best deal with the More Everything Plan. With the Verizon Plan, the smartphone access fee is $20 when out of contract or in payment plan. However, they have been 2 GB bonus data out per line so you could get 10 GB for $70 and the $20 smartphone access charge and $10 iPad access charge for $100. That is before any corporate discounts on the $70. I believe this is cheaper than what you are getting on More Everything at that level. I believe the cheapest More Everything got for the 10 GB level would have been $80 + $15 +$10 or $105