Share Name ID Incorrect
cochranjay2

I have a wireless phone in my account that has Share Name ID correctly configured. However, when this phone calls anybody with a Verizon landline phone, the caller ID displays incorrectly as the company who previously owed the phone line more than 10 years ago. Customer service has been unable to fix it so far and it continues to cause problems.

0 Likes
Re: Share Name ID Incorrect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If share Name ID has been updated correctly, additional options are limited. There has never been a directory for cellular customers. By using the steps listed here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-49073/ you can update your user information. If the issue persists, we don't have additional options for wireless customers. 

0 Likes
cochranjay2

So you are saying Verizon Wireless does not have the means to make sure Verizon Landline displays the correct Caller ID Name when a Verizon Wireless caller calls a Verizon Landline phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not at all. To clarify, with regard to the Share Name ID process it must be set up on your end in order for the number to display on the other persons end. If you have not corrected this information using the Share Name ID steps listed the receiving end will not have the name populated. The only option that we have would be our Share Name ID process for our Land line service and Wireless service as well. Does this make sense? 

0 Likes
cochranjay2

Share Name ID for the wireless line in question is configured correctly. Its set to the person‘s First and Last Name. When the person calls a Verizon landline, it shows as “Mr Sweep”, a former local chimney sweep that advertiser the number prior to assignment to me almost ten years ago. 

The other wireless lines in my account all display the same as their Share Name ID.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you attempted to reset this through your My Verizon account? This steps for such can be found here: https://www.verizon.com/support/share-name-id-faqs/#:~:text=Share%20Name%20ID%20is%20a,customers%20w...

0 Likes
cochranjay2

I've changed the Share Name ID and will give it a few days to see if that takes this time around.

0 Likes
cochranjay2

So it has been a week now since I changed the Share Name ID on the line in question and there is no change on caller name displayed. It still shows Mr. Sweep. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the hassle this has caused. To confirm, the online account still shwos the correct information? Is this only affecting Verizon landlines or all other landline and applicable Caller ID systems. YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
cochranjay2

It only affects the line ending in 4162 on my account and it appears only to be calls made to Verizon landlines. I tested it with a VOIP phone provider at my work place and the Share Name ID shows correctly on Caller ID Name there.

0 Likes