Service member run around while deployed
Kmkuri17

I am writing because I have NEVER been so upset with a company that I pay to provide a service. I have been with Verizon for ten years and have never had a problem with their services. That changes this past month. I am active duty military and deployed. I submitted my orders to place my line on suspend. I am the primary account holder and the only person with the lines on the account.

I have a cell phone line which has a finished contract and a paid off phone. I also have an iPad Pro that I am paying for and a contract for that. I placed the phone on suspend. Then while deployed, I received a bill for $640. Obviously it’s for the ipad because I was told after I suspended my account that the tablet line couldn’t be suspended and that I could either cancel that line, and pay for the device. Or I could continue paying for the device and that portion of the line. That latter part was obviously not true because I got charged.

When I emailed via Facebook to get information (which blows my mind that I have to use a social media outlet to conduct business, but that's a different story), I verified my information through log in and confirmed about the iPad with Michelle. I was being charged for the remainder of the device since that line is cancelled because deployment suspension does not apply to data lines.

Then a couple hours later, I emailed (in the same chat thread and window to Michelle) asking if I could continue making larger payments to get the tablet paid off instead of a lump sum since I had not anticipated paying half a grand for my phone while on deployment. Brandon, another service representative, then assisted me and told me that it would affect my service should I not pay the bill in full all at once. I reminded him that lines are already cancelled or suspended, they’re already charging me for the device. After being a loyal member for 10 years and a service member, it would be a shame to cancel or put penalties on my line while I’m deployed because of misinformation given to me. I choose to stay with Verizon even though my husband is with a different company. If they mess with my lines, there's no reason I can just go to sprint or att since Verizon does not value its customers. Brandon then told me he couldn’t give me specific information on MY account because MY name wasn’t on MY account. Then proceeded to ask which country I am deployed to which I can’t give that information out. He stated it was to give me a number to contact customer service in my specific country but I told him (TWICE)  I would pull the phone number off the website and call from the USO when I return to base. When asked, he then proceeded to tell me he couldn’t give me his employee ID, or a supervisors email or phone number, or contact for anyone else at customer service. I am completely appalled that something like this happens. I hear about bad run ins with Verizon ALL THE TIME, yet assure people those are isolated incidents as I have never had problems in ten years with them. In fact, I was trying to get my husband to join in on my line as opposed to his phone plan. If this situation doesn't get resolved, I'm more inclined to take my loyalty elsewhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service member run around while deployed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kmkuri17, I want to thank you for everything that you sacrafice for our country. I do apologize that you have had to endure such a situation. This is certainly not our expectation of service for you or any of our customers. Do you have the tablet with you? How long will you be deployed? I want to help get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Kmkuri17

I do not currently have the tablet with me. It was stolen along with my

laptop on the way over here in transit. I have a claim in with Asurion but

am waiting for my deployment pay to take affect before completing it. I’m

scheduled on my orders to be deployed until late fall but may return late

spring, closer to summer.

On Sunday, January 14, 2018, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kmkuri17,

Thanks for serving our country! Your loyalty to VZW means the world to us and we would never want to see you leave. I can certainly understand your frustration with limited options to suspend your data services while deployed, lost equipment and lack of customer service options to paydown the bill. Let's get this fixed. I have sent you a Direct Message for account review. Please respond to this message. 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kmkuri17

In case anyone was wondering it is now 24 JAN and this situation is still unresolved. They emailed me asking for my information to view the account on 16 JAN. I messaged them 2 days later and they didn’t reply. And here we are, 24 JAN with no further assistance. I don’t know what happened to their customer service but this isn’t the Verizon I remember. Guess i’ll Carry on as I had planned in the first place and start looking at coverage in my area and best plans.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kmkuri17,

We never want our customers to have to wait this long for a resolution, please get back in contact with us here, so we can continue working towards a resolution for you.

CecileC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes