Re: Service getting progressively worse at my home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to have access to as many bars of service is definitely important, Barnard71. Let me assist you with your service issues. I checked the zip code you provided and there were no reports of any issues and service indoors can be challenging. How is service on the outdoors? Are you still able to make, receive calls and text messages, access data on the inside of your house? Share more details so I can help resolve with your service concerns.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been going on for many months.  We were used to it, and then service became better because Verizon actually cared enough to upgrade their towers (or got tired of our complaints).  Either way it was much better.  The service does improve outside but yes, it is still spotty.  This causes a lag in text messages, slow internet connections, etc.  Again...more frustrations. 

0 Likes
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, friends and family members who live close by have also had this issue...so it is not just my phone or my house. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FrustratedV customer, we want you to be a happy customer again. We can check the service in your area for you. Please send us a private message by visiting our Facebook page or sending us a DM to ______@VZWSupport on Twitter. This way we can further assist you.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did; it was a waste of 45 minutes.  I was asked for my phone number and password which I gave them, then told oops, we can't look it up that way.  What is the address where you are having difficulty?  I gave them that.  The response was that I should consider purchasing a Network Extender.  Guess what, I already have that and they won't activate it.  Network Extender doesn't work??  I was finally told to contact the toll free number for customer service.  Been there done that too!  Verizon reps like to send their customers on wild goose chases.  It is impossible to actually get a resolution on anything, other than to realize how much time you waste.  verizonlogic

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frustratedVcustomer,

Our #1 goal is to address and resolve your concerns. You mentioned that you already have a Network Extender but we won't activate it? Do you have one of our Network Extenders or is it one from a 3rd party? Let's get to the bottom of this

ChristinaB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is correct.  It was brand new and sent to me directly from Verizon Wireless in April 2016.  I asked several times (from several different reps) about the differences between post-paid and pre-paid accounts, and not one of them ever mentioned to me that my network extender would not work.  But that's what happens when Verizon Wireless wants you off the unlimited data accounts...they won't tell you the truth.  I've since been told my only option is to buy a signal repeater. 

I would like nothing more than to get to the bottom of this...I'm tired of the false information I've been given and the wild goose chases. 

0 Likes
kbeisel

Hello!

I answered a question that was sent directly to me, but didn't get a reply back. I went back into the email today and the email address no longer worked.

Can someone please help me with my service?

Here is the answer I tried to send today:

I am back from being out of town.

I notice that when I go south about 2 blocks (which is higher than me), service gets better. It is completely strong at about 1/2 mile from the house.

Service has never been great at our home, but we used to only have to come to the front of the house near the windows to hold a phone call. Then we had to go outside and now even outside our calls are garbled and/or dropped. It has been getting progressively worse over the past year.

Do you have suggestions on what we could do to improve service?

Thank you -

Kris

0 Likes
kbeisel

I have advanced this with a service ticket. I received a text saying I would hear back in 24 hours; it has been 3 days. Can someone please tell me the resolution to this ticket - [removed]. My service is still very poor - 1 bar in 4G and 1x most of the time. I will shop other providers if this is not resolved soon.

Kris

Ticket number removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! I regret to hear that you have had such trouble in your area. We would be saddened to lose you, kbeisel. I would be happy to go over the ticket information with you. In order to do so, I will have to verify some further information with you. For this, I will send you a Private Message. Please respond to me there.

LeoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes