Service degradation 94551
vidguy

The last 6 months have seen my connection quality degrade on all devices in our household. My next door neighbors also have Verizon and concur that service is now poor where once it was excellent. I have called to request help before but the 2nd level tech said my service was normal at 3G and 1x sometimes..

It never used to fallback to 3G.. I Always had 4G service in my house.

iPhone 5s

Samsung S3

HTC M7

1x service or 1-2 bars of 3G anywhere in the house where we used to have 3+ bars of 4G.

All phones have been updated. We have had all three looked at by Verizon employees.

Calls drop much of the time now..and texts often take a very long time to send/receive.

We can only get 4G standing in certain areas outside.

Service was the reason we have stayed with Verizon for over 10 years. Now when my sister comes over, her Sprint service, which used to not work at all at our house, gets 4g on her identical HTC M7 and her husband's Samsung S7 Edge..

At this point if you do not discover a problem that can be rectified we will switch service at any cost. My Neighbor said he would also request help as they are frustrated as well.

At the Verizon store they showed me how to check signal strength I checked this morning before leaving for work. I was on 1 bar of 3G, RSRP (-128) db signal strength this morning..

Anecdotally it seemed to change about when we went off of our old Unlimited Plan.....About 6 months ago...

Thanks please let me know if you can return the good service we used to pay for.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service degradation 94551
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to have service in your area vidguy. We certainly want to continue this relationship for many years.  Does this only happen indoors? How far do you have to go in order for the service to get better?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vidguy

This does not only happen indoors. I have to go a few blocks to Isabel ave to the west or to Murrieta ave to the east before I get 4 to 5 bars

0 Likes
vidguy

any investigation possible here?

0 Likes
REBJOH26
Enthusiast - Level 1

And just like all the other posts, no resolution. Just pay your bill for continually degrading service and shut up right Verizon????

0 Likes