Service Issue - 85028
lytlelb

I have been having service issues at my home and my neighborhood in zipcode 85028 in Arizona.  I have been experiencing the same issue ever since moving into the neighborhood about 1.5 yrs ago.

O to 1 bars of network coverage. Continual phone drops.  If I have to make an important call on my cell, have to get in my car and drive about 1mile away to be able to complete the call without drops.  I have been on with tech support for upwards of 5-6 hours.  I have tried the Network Repeater -- this did not make any positive impact. 

There is a Verizon Wireless store about a 1 mile away and they have spotty service in their store as well.  Is there anyway to get the company to focus on improving the coverage.  It is rediculous that in the middle of Phoenix - one of the top 12 cities in the country and I cannot get any service.  I have better service floating down the snake river in the middle of Montana than at home.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service Issue - 85028
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lytleb,

We definitely want you to have the service you need where you need it and we definitely want to determine what may be going on. Are you aware if a ticket was ever escalated to our network technicians in regards to this issue before? Are you aware of the results? Have you ever had service at this location before? Do you have issues with reception both indoors and out? Are you aware of others in the area with similar concerns? Are these issues specific to your home or everywhere within the vicinity?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lytlelb

Are you aware if a ticket was ever escalated to our network technicians in regards to this issue before?

there were numerous tickets placed, researched, and responded going back to early 2014.  The Samsung Network Extender (SCS-2U01) was purchased after conversations with Verizon on 6/14/14.  After that, there were many service calls regarding the extender, and trying to get the product to work over the wifi.  After working with the extender for about a year, I disconnected it.  The dropped call occurrence was unaffected whether I was connected to the extender or not.

Have you ever had service at this location before?

Yes.  I have had Verizon technicians on-site a few times.  Probably 3-4 times.  When dealing with the extender, I also had service from my internet provide (Cox) to see if it was a network issue. 

Do you have issues with reception both indoors and out?

The problem is with my entire neighborhood.  I am at the base of a small "mountain preserve" - So I have to get completely out of the neighborhood to get service. My neighbors who use Verizon have the same problems.  Friends on AT&T do not have the connection problem.

0 Likes
lytlelb

Have not heard from Verizon in a while on this topic.  Do we have any new approaches to try to resolve my service issues?

0 Likes