Seriously? You're Joking Right?
C_Alan

I just can't believe it. I really can't. But then again I also can't believe that a corporation would behave any other way when their daily lives revolve around cash flows and profits.

So here's the deal. I just switched my phone to a smaller, non-smart phone, because in therapy for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, and my GIANT SAMSUNG NOTE 3 is probably a bit big for my recovering hand. Everything worked brilliantly and all was well. But that was yesterday. Wake up this morning, can't send a text message, can't send any messages, can't make phone calls, can't open apps or browser, and everything comes back with one response, "Services Not Available". Even though I have full signal strength.

Let's not even mention the fact that they told me my phone would require a 75MB data connection, which only saves me $10 over the current 2GB plan I have now. Considering they charge you $10/GB overage on your account, that means 1024MB = $10, which means I'm still way, way, way, over paying for the 60MB, that's right, 60MB they gave me in exchange for a $10 savings.....SERIOUSLY? You're JOKING RIGHT?? I should at least be saving $40+ according to their whacked out logic about how data should be charged....not to mention I'm losing 3G speeds, because it's quite an old phone. But to ROB ME OF 15MB OF DATA IS ABSURD! And nothing works now...

But here's the real down in the dumps kind of kicker! I sat "in queue" this morning waiting for a chat agent for well over 45 minutes to resolve this issue and get back on my NOTE 3 so I actually have a phone to use, that works, and gets more data. But nothing happened, no one showed up, nada! So I had an idea. What if, just perhaps, if I clicked on the "Add A New Line", or "Shop Verizon Wireless" chat options? And guess what happens?

INSTANTLY I'M CONNECTED TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO SELL ME SHIT BUT I HAVE TO WAIT 45+ MINUTES FOR NO RESPONSE, NO CHAT AGENT, NOT EVEN A PLEASE GIVE US A CALL CAUSE WE'RE BUSY?!?!? SERIOUSLY? YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT?!?!

The instant I want to throw more money at you, you're there. The instant you fuck up and screw me over, YOU'RE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!?!?

Seriously? You're JOKING RIGHT?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Seriously? You're Joking Right?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

C.Alan,

It's extremely important that you have a working phone and we are so sorry your current basic phone wasn't working this morning. That's very unusual and we want to help get it working. It sounds like for whatever reason the phone deactivated. Activation is quick and easy! Just call *228 and select option 1. Wait for the music to end and you should hear a message saying the activation was successful. Your phone may turn off/on by itself at that point (depends on the make/model) but if it does not do this automatically please manually turn it off/on. That's it! Your phone should be activated once that is done. If activating it does not work please let us know the make/model of the phone so we can help trouble shoot with it.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Seriously? You're Joking Right?
Not applicable

If you didn't want a data plan on your non-smartphone how would you expect to use apps or a browser? I'm not understanding that part. As far as getting 60 MB instead of 75. Its called proration. Why not keep the plan as is? As you say it was only $10 difference and you wouldn't have to worry about data.

0 Likes