Security Deposit questions.
zandander
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello everyone!

Well, I am 20 years old and looking into opening my own Verizon contract and I have zero credit history. I am a student at a local college, never had to take out a student loan, and have had no debts to pay. Reason in asking this, is I've done alot of reading recently and have seen where people have had to pay ~$400 security deposits. I currently don't have the money to pay for this alongside the price of a subsidized phone. Is it possible for a parent/guardian to cosign? Is it a guarantee that I will be forced to pay a security deposit? If anyone can shed some light on my questions it would be VERY much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Zander

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Security Deposit questions.
Not applicable

either borrow the money from parent/gaurdian or save it up until you have the $400. Verizon has many subsidized phones for free.

0 Likes
zandander
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was afraid of that 😕

Do you think that it will be the max deposit amount? I know for you its primarily a guessing game, but still.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Last time I checked that max is $400. You'll get it back after 12 months if you pay your bill on time.

0 Likes
zandander
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to the local Verizon store today and for some awesomely odd reason, I'm cleared for 1 line! No security deposit required!

HOORAY!!!