Screening Calls and Texts ...
DollarsAndSense

Hi, is there anyway I can put my phone in "Airport mode" or something? 

Other carriers have this option. 

Essentially , what I want to be able to do is the equivalent of "screening" my calls -- in the sense that I can see when someone is/has calling/called me but when they call it automatically goes to my voicemail or busy signal (or something of the sort)

I also want the same for texting. Is there a way to send an auto-response with, say, the message: "The user you have attempted to contact is unavailable." 

Also, when a Verizon user texts another Verizon user, it informs the sender if the recipient has received the message (by showing a check mark in their 'Sent' folder). Is there anyway to disable that feature for the sender to not be able to tell if I have opened their message.

Obviously this is all for privacy concerns, so, if you have any more suggestions please tell me.

Thanks for your time.

Also, my phone is the ENV3, I believe.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Screening Calls and Texts ...
budone
Legend

If you are truly concerned about your privacy (which I am sure you are) you may not want to list your phone number in your profile for all of us to see every time you post a message.

As for the question you have, I do not know. On my phone Airplane mode shuts off the phone and data radios so nothing is received until it is turned off.

0 Likes
Re: Screening Calls and Texts ...
Principessa
Enthusiast - Level 3

DollarsAndSense wrote:

Hi, is there anyway I can put my phone in "Airport mode" or something? 

Other carriers have this option. 

Essentially , what I want to be able to do is the equivalent of "screening" my calls -- in the sense that I can see when someone is/has calling/called me but when they call it automatically goes to my voicemail or busy signal (or something of the sort)

I also want the same for texting. Is there a way to send an auto-response with, say, the message: "The user you have attempted to contact is unavailable." 

Also, when a Verizon user texts another Verizon user, it informs the sender if the recipient has received the message (by showing a check mark in their 'Sent' folder). Is there anyway to disable that feature for the sender to not be able to tell if I have opened their message.

Obviously this is all for privacy concerns, so, if you have any more suggestions please tell me.

Thanks for your time.

Also, my phone is the ENV3, I believe.

If you just do not answer your phone it should automatically go to voice mail after a certain number of rings. Only the people that you have in your contact list will show up on your screen if they call. Example: When my Mom calls from either her home , cell phone or work it appears on the screen because she is in my contact list. Everyone that I normally speak to is on my contact list.  I normally do not answer numbers that I do not recognize and let it go straight to voicemail. However I think you can get caller id on a cell phone but I think it is extra.

Also make sure you have the automatic answer set to off otherwise your phone will answer after a certain number of predetermined rings.

As for texting I'm not sure if there is an auto response like you would have for an email. There is an option for "Delivery Report" under text messaging options but I think that is for you to know whether the person received the text.

0 Likes